I need help!! My truck has 4wd issues!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > I need help!! My truck has 4wd issues!!!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
RedJeepCreep

I need help!! My truck has 4wd issues!!!

Have a 97 grandcherokee and i just replaced the transfer case its a 242j selectrac fyi. When i make circles or sharp left or right turns the front wheels seem to skip or hop more than a vehicle in 4wd should it feels like the front end is wobbling almost when u turn left or right sharply. But the wheel u joints seem ok and the front ends decent besides a worn drag link . Now what could be the cause of this issue from what i can tell the wheel ujoints "seem" ok but i need a second opinion. Cmon jeepers i need some input help me out!!!!!!!!

RedJeepCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
gs69350

1998 ZJ 

You are still in 4wd part time. Are you sure you don't have a 249?
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited Platinum; 2" BB, 225/75/16 Wrangler MT/R --GONE--
http://www.facebook.com/groups/59limited/ <-- 5.9 Owner's group on FB.
gs69350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Post in the ZJ forums for more help, sounds like you're either stuck in 4WD PT or you have the NP249 TC and the viscous coupler is locking up/going bad.

4.0 or 5.2 motor? The linkage may be out of alignment. It may look like you are in 2WD in the Jeep, but the TC is still in 4WD.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.