I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #121
jason m
your ad here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I don't think I'd brag about that one. You should be using a fuel cell. It may get you to the grocery store. How about you add some tools and crap in the back, roll it a few turns, then have your next of kin tell us how it turned out.
i dont think its anyworse than driving over a rock and slicing the stock sheet metal tank open. or at the very least punching the 16 guage factory skid plate then breaking the seam on the tank.

its the same approach as a fuel cell, i would take the stock metal tank over a plastic one. i run a SS steel tank right behind me at all time's. i dont have enough fingers to count how many time's ive rolled and no gas or tools or extra EQP hit the cell with no issue's.
i would rather have it right behind me up out of the rock rather than under me were all the real action is.

he dogged that tank down better than the factory did under the jeep, does it look clean no not really. but he stated its a temp fix till he can get a after market fuel cell in the back. will that make runing a full cell in the back right??? if its a brand name. no its the approach that make's it right and he has it locked down ( like all ready said ) right.

jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #122
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloYJ View Post
I was going to tell you to grow up, then I checked your profile and realized your age so it obviously makes perfect sense now. Your mother should have swallowed her mistake but unfortunately didn't and now its too late...and to think...out of all those other little swimmers you were the one who made it through.
Good lookin' out, Diablo. This is for you...

And yes I made it - for under $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #123
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Dude that is absolutely kick ***!

Now was that actual metal recovered from Ground Zero? That would kick the cool factor up even more but if not its still awesome. Is it supposed to be like you're looking out of an airplane window? Thats how I interpret it at least.

GD Thread HIJACKERS Member #1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Sport View Post
Sometimes I wish I had leaf springs.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #124
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Dude that is absolutely kick ***!
Thanks... I hang it proudly in my Living room.

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #125
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:

Now was that actual metal recovered from Ground Zero? That would kick the cool factor up even more but if not its still awesome. Is it supposed to be like you're looking out of an airplane window? Thats how I interpret it at least.
It's actual plane wreckage but NOT from 9-11 or NY. Yes, it's supposed to be contrapuntal and it's supposed to be a view from a plane. What if the plane was wrecked and never hit the tower? It's the skyline as it used to be... and how I will always remember it.

Besides, there's no way anyone could have taken anything from that crime scene. It was all carted off on barges and then shipped to Asia for meltdown and recycling before it could be examined. Hmmm, wonder why...

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #126
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
It's actual plane wreckage but NOT from 9-11 or NY. Yes, it's supposed to be contrapuntal and it's supposed to be a view from a plane. What if the plane was wrecked and never hit the tower? It's the skyline as it used to be... and how I will always remember it.

Besides, there's no way anyone could have taken anything from that crime scene. It was all carted off on barges and then shipped to Asia for meltdown and recycling before it could be examined. Hmmm, wonder why...
Simply awesome regardless, I would love to have something like that hanging in my living room!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #127
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Simply awesome regardless, I would love to have something like that hanging in my living room!
Hey, for the right price, I can make another one.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #128
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

don't get the conspiracy theorists started...
we already have a problem with synthetic vs dyno oil...
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #129
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Hey, for the right price, I can make another one.
Hah I'll keep that in mind and let you know when I finally get my own place.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #130
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Hah I'll keep that in mind and let you know when I finally get my own place.
Why should that matter? All ya need to hang it is two lag screws into two studs... don't rentals have those? Easy patch job when you move.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #131
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Why should that matter? All ya need to hang it is two lag screws into two studs... don't rentals have those? Easy patch job when you move.
Just graduated so no more rentals for me, just living at home for a few months and drilling into the wall isn't really a viable option at the moment lol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #132
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Diablo: too bad, huh?

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #133
X-tacy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Let's keep this thread on topic.

Can anyone comment on how they built their own rear-storage box?

I'm taking measurements and drew up a set of prints in effort to have the dimensions be exact, but I'd love some extra HOW-I-DID-IT info.

Thanks!
-Chris
Unread 09-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #134
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrett1027 View Post
and for you smart ***. they say no smoking because they don't want you useing a LIGHTER, that has a flame AKA fire??? ring a bell? to ignite the gasoline. causing a massive engulfment of flames
wbrett1027 is online now Report Post
First of all,,your just a lil 16 year old snotty nosed kid that apparently has some mentality issue about TRYING to be tough on a forum calling people names..
Second...it says "NO SMOKING" because the vapors WILL ignite from a lit ciggarete,thus causing gas to ignite...

You seem to have some kind of mental issue..so i'll just excuse you on all the dumb kiddie name calling you do in here that you wouldn't be doing face to face to any of these folks...
I'm done with this subject..so ramble on lil fella.....

I'm actualy AMASED and dissapointed the forum even lets such posts like suggesting its ok to throw lit ciggaretes into gas exist on here,someone out there might be foolish enough to try it

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx

Last edited by Ironworker709; 09-10-2009 at 06:58 AM..
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #135
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-tacy View Post
Let's keep this thread on topic.

Can anyone comment on how they built their own rear-storage box?

I'm taking measurements and drew up a set of prints in effort to have the dimensions be exact, but I'd love some extra HOW-I-DID-IT info.

Thanks!
-Chris
I do believe there is a write-up on how to build a storage box if you check in the Articles & Write-Ups section. Don't know if the exact dimensions are there but it's definitely a step in the right direction....with pictures!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:

Tags
cheap , cj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.