I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #106
wbrett1027
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
You videotaped it? Well send me a link, I would like to see you put a cigarette out in gasoline.

Edit: I just realized you are 16 years old. You can't even go to the store and buy cigarettes.
well to start off "kenbo-slice"??? lol kenbo-slice is going to get his butt whooped in this season of ufc. he aleady did by a ****ing karate kid lol
LOSER!

So whats your point buck?
why would i need to buy them?
i dont need cigs to live my life. to much money. die quicker. whats the point? tell me?

wbrett1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #107
wbrett1027
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLESSEDBYGOD View Post
Kid's been watching too much YouTube
YouTube - Cigarettes and Gasoline
and for you smart ***. they say no smoking because they don't want you useing a LIGHTER, that has a flame AKA fire??? ring a bell? to ignite the gasoline. causing a massive engulfment of flames
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #108
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Man... idk about you guys but cigs+gas ain't a good combo, I don't care what they say on Youtube. I'll never find out though cause i dont let cig smokers within 20 feet of my Jeep just for the sake of smell...

As for my under $100 job... I took the front roof rack bar for my XJ and pulled it off. Got two sets of baja lights from wally world for $40 total. Spaced them equally and then I drilled holes through the metal of the bar and mounted the lights. Smaller holes next to them drilled out and lined with a rubber grommet each let me thread the wires through the bar. Add a little bit of wire loom b/w back of light and bar and end result is a clean looking inexpensive, professional looking light bar for your Jeep. As for grounding, I grounded each light to its mounting bolt through the bar, and the bar to the roof rack at the torx screw in the front holding on the plastic end cap. Power Wire runs through drivers door jamb insulation and under the trim, all is covered in wire loom

here it is on top my XJ:

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #109
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Last hijack post.... Wbrett1027, clear your PM's your inbox is full.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #110
X-tacy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
I got tired of loose items rolling around in the back, especially when going to the grocery store, so I had an adjustable fence made. 5 positions, from where shown here to back flush with the trunk. Less than $40 for material and labor. Mexican prices!

I'm very interested in this.

Where did you buy what?!?
-Chris
Unread 09-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #111
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrett1027 View Post
and for you smart ***. they say no smoking because they don't want you useing a LIGHTER, that has a flame AKA fire??? ring a bell? to ignite the gasoline. causing a massive engulfment of flames
Useing? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #112
wbrett1027
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yupp. just asked my buddy at exxon. TRY MEEEE
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #113
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

while i agree with wbrett1027, his explanation was.....lacking. (don't get your panties in a bunch, i'm not trying youuuu)

the auto-ignition temperature of gasoline is ~280*C. That means in perfect conditions, if gas (liquid or vapor) comes in contact with a surface that is ~280*C, it will ignite.
Real world testing shows auto-ignition temperatures to be several hundred degrees higher.

A typical butane lighter (big) has a flame with reaches 1977*C.

So yes, a lighter will ignite gasoline (liquid or vapor). But as mythbusters proved in an episode, the cigarette itself will not ignite gasoline liquid, but it will ignite the vapors.

SO NO SMOKING AT THE PUMP

*disclaimer* gasoline gives off vapors, which explode, don't try this yourself, just watch mythbusters
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #114
BLESSEDBYGOD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I never said anything about "No Smoking." I think you got the wrong number.

Please try again.
BLESSEDBYGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #115
wbrett1027
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLESSEDBYGOD View Post
I never said anything about "No Smoking." I think you got the wrong number.

Please try again.

wrong person. lol
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #116
wbrett1027
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironworker709 View Post

In that case,i geuss they should take the signs down at every gas station that says"NO SMOKING"

I actualy think that post should be deleted just incase someone out there MIGHT be Niave enough to try it....

wbrett1027 is online now Report Post
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #117
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
wbrett1027 is online now Report Post
I guess you missed it the first time I pointed it out to you. THERE IS NO 'E' IN THE WORD USING. GOT IT? So before you get all high and mighty on someone, try remedial English.

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #118
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So, aside from this silly lighter arguement,

I went to the junkyard and found an autodim mirror out of a Dodge dakota (the same one they used in the grand cherokees) I bought that for a slim sum of $5 and hooked it up to the old mount. Splice the wire w/ green stripe onto the wiring harness above the roof onto the white w/ black striped wire and the black wire to the black wire in the harness. I capped off the purple one because I saw no use in hooking up a wire that turns off autodim while you're in reverse

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #119
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
IS THERE AN E IN **** YOU???? THEN SHUT THE **** UP
I was going to tell you to grow up, then I checked your profile and realized your age so it obviously makes perfect sense now. Your mother should have swallowed her mistake but unfortunately didn't and now its too late...and to think...out of all those other little swimmers you were the one who made it through.

GD Thread HIJACKERS Member #1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Sport View Post
Sometimes I wish I had leaf springs.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #120
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
IS THERE AN E IN **** YOU???? THEN SHUT THE **** UP
Awww is the newb angry because I made him aware of the fact that he's slow? Perhaps you should educate yourself. You see, that way you just might look more credible in an argument.

Oh and while you're all brave n' stuff... How about you shut me up?

Quote:
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.