I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS!

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Reply
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #76
alecmcmahon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Woodbridge NJ
Posts: 2,311
Not that i know of, except for the tuffy, but its like 700 bucks or something.

it really wasnt that hard to make, and for under 100 bucks, i cant go wrong.

decided to raptor line the box.
finished pics:









__________________
-my build thread-
alecmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #77
theducksguts
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Posts: 2,982
Dude, I love that box. really nice job.
__________________
00 XJ Sport 0331 Victim
99 XJ Sport
98 TJ

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #78
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper
 
JeeperDon's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 6,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
Still looks like a dresser. Would be better if made of aluminum.
__________________
'93 YJ, '02 GM 4.3 Vortec V6, SOA, dual ARB's, 8.8+D30(w/WarnHubs), 4.88 gears, 35" BFG KM2's, AX15, 15x7 wheels, NP231+4:1+SYE+2LO, York OBA, Warn M8000, no top or doors Apr-Oct.
Member and Web guy: New Mexico 4 Wheelers My Truck Page on NM4W Site
JeeperDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #79
FmrVette
Senior Member
 
FmrVette's Avatar
2008 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Detroit Michigan
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLESSEDBYGOD View Post
I have seen those Extendatrunk, but I liked the big, deep, pull out drawer on the homemade one. My camper has a plastic one like it just WAY too long.

I saw this one, but way overkill for what I need, http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-132-0...ty-drawer.aspx
One plus to the ExtendaTrunk is that the lid slides all the way out, so if you have need to carry something tall you don't have to take out the whole trunk. But that homemade one is very nice - I just don't have the carpentry skills to pull anything like that off .
__________________
Jim

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. - Frank Sinatra

"When the last Blackhawk helicopter goes to the boneyard, it will be on a sling under a Huey." - Every Huey pilot that lived through it.

'95 YJ, '00 XJ, '06 TJ, (Current:) '08 XK
FmrVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #80
alecmcmahon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Woodbridge NJ
Posts: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
Still looks like a dresser. Would be better if made of aluminum.
i agree , it would be a hell of alot better in aluminum, unfourtnently i have zero metal working skills/tools... no welder, etc.

so wood was pretty much my only option
__________________
-my build thread-
alecmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #81
flatlander757
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I don't think I'd brag about that one. You should be using a fuel cell. It may get you to the grocery store. How about you add some tools and crap in the back, roll it a few turns, then have your next of kin tell us how it turned out.
It's fine dude. The brackets are bolted down by what the rear seat -was- bolted to, the tank skid is bolted down to the brackets, and the tank is of course strapped to the skid, and the tank AND skid are both ratchet strapped with some heavy straps around the brackets as well.

I love how nobody notices it is temporary until a fuel cell finds it's way back there. If you'd like to send me the $200-300 or whatever for it to get done right PM me and I'll give you the address
__________________
SOLDThe lumbering steel-laden pig - 2003 TJ - 40" LTBs - D60/D70HD - 5.86s - Detroit lockers - 110" wheelbase
Build thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #82
reddirtTJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 138
2" spacer lift used $40
__________________
97 TJ 4.10s, 33s, 4" Clayton.

"TJ's and CJ's are Jeeps. BJ's are something else entirely. I can only help you with the first two." Sundowner
reddirtTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #83
flexsaharatj
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
Not that i know of, except for the tuffy, but its like 700 bucks or something.

it really wasnt that hard to make, and for under 100 bucks, i cant go wrong.

decided to raptor line the box.
finished pics:







looks great alec

glad you decided to listen to me and raptor line it !
__________________
2010 Flame Red JK

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #84
CopperCJ7
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,415
I have to say that I like what he did. I had no idea that the Tuffy slide out unit was around $700 - YIKES! The only thing I would have done differently would have been to route slots so that the dividers would be adjustable or completely removable. Otherwise, great job
__________________
Guns don't kill people... Bad trail spotters do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #85
alecmcmahon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Woodbridge NJ
Posts: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
I have to say that I like what he did. I had no idea that the Tuffy slide out unit was around $700 - YIKES! The only thing I would have done differently would have been to route slots so that the dividers would be adjustable or completely removable. Otherwise, great job
i thought about doing it that way, i've got the tools, but i just liked the idea of having the little cubbies for stuff where i wanted it to be.

i have it all loaded up, really testing them 100 lb slides... they seem to be holding up just fine so far ( will we see after a weekend of wheeling )

here it is all loaded and ready to go.




and while the box weighs only about 50 pounds, maybe a bit more, - When fully loaded up, i can def. feel the extra weight in the back, but everything feels pretty tight, no shifting, or bouncing around.
__________________
-my build thread-
alecmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #86
CopperCJ7
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,415
That's rockin'
__________________
Guns don't kill people... Bad trail spotters do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #87
PBking51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 30
25$ invested, got me 10 authentic looking and hilarious "warning stickers" geared towards offroading...the look of passangers faces: priceless
PBking51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #88
CopperCJ7
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBking51 View Post
25$ invested, got me 10 authentic looking and hilarious "warning stickers" geared towards offroading...the look of passangers faces: priceless
From eBay? Let's see 'em
__________________
Guns don't kill people... Bad trail spotters do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #89
DirtyJeepBoy
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
i thought about doing it that way, i've got the tools, but i just liked the idea of having the little cubbies for stuff where i wanted it to be.

i have it all loaded up, really testing them 100 lb slides... they seem to be holding up just fine so far ( will we see after a weekend of wheeling )

here it is all loaded and ready to go.




and while the box weighs only about 50 pounds, maybe a bit more, - When fully loaded up, i can def. feel the extra weight in the back, but everything feels pretty tight, no shifting, or bouncing around.
That is amazing, I think I might start doing a few measurements and make myself something similar..
__________________
[B][CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO- [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]()_)-()_)-o-)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="darkgreen"]My Build:[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/dirty-jeep-boy-tj-build-w-pics-1054939/"]Dirty Jeep Boy -TJ Build w/ Pics[/URL]
BDS/BTF/MCE[/CENTER][/B]
DirtyJeepBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #90
wbrett1027
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: md
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcmergen View Post
wow I guess you do not smoke....

even if he did smoke, a cig will not ingnite gasoline, try it
wbrett1027 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.