I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS! - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #1531
cr4zyfkr

I did this.....

Quote:
I scored some gear. Feast your eyes...

Since this is the "What did you do to your WK today?" thread, I will start with the most directly related thing: I got a roof rack for it. It originally came off a 4 Runner so I will need to make some adjustments to it to make it fit my crossbars. First on the list is to remove the rails that came on the bottom of the basket so I can U bolt it directly to my crossbars. Second on the list will be to either coat it with bedliner or some Rustoleum matte black.

Test fitting to see where things land.

(Yes I know it's off center. )
Pretty sure it's this rack:
http://www.amazon.com/Surco-S4560-Sa.../dp/B00029KBGW
I also scored some other gear.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3998052
A $450 TENT!!

USMC sea bags anyone?

2D Maglite

Let's have a picnic!

Heatsurge propane infrared tabletop BBQ

Total cost for everything: $20.

Everything except the roofrack, tents and a fishing pole not shown were pulled from storage units at work. People abandon them and sometimes I get to rummage through and see if there's anything I want to keep when we empty them out and throw stuff away.

The roofrack, tents and a fishing pole / camping pots and pans were $20 from craigslist today. Now all we need are some pads or an air mattress. So excited about the finds.

cr4zyfkr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #1532
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

It fits perfect. No rattles, vibrations, nothing. And it drops good, no issues with it at all. Definitely money well spent, and was still a nice cheap mod. Makes what used to be a useless swing out tailgate have some use to it. Im definitely happy with it.
95YJMountie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #1533
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice sea bag

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #1534
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zyfkr
I did this.....
Hmmm im a little jealous right now. I spent 20 dollars today too and dont have anything like that to show for it lol
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #1535
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That tent is an awesome find. Most of it is, but I like the Eureka in particular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #1536
cr4zyfkr

Thanks! It was a surprise from the folks I bought the rack from. We had spoke about other stuff they were dumping since they were moving and asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for. I mentioned fishing and camping stuff. When I got there this stuff was strapped to the rack. They said they weren't sure if everything was with the eureka but the Coleman was good to go. Sure enough, everything was there.
cr4zyfkr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #1537
RARECJ8

fuel pump and sending unit access panel. cost? free with materials on hand. Beer, plasma cutter and a countersink drill bit. No more dropping tank for fuel issues. Should have done this along time ago...

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #1538
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
fuel pump and sending unit access panel. cost? free with materials on hand. Beer, plasma cutter and a countersink drill bit. No more dropping tank for fuel issues. Should have done this along time ago...

Nice
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #1539
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
one of the best things i ever did to my ZJ was the fuel pump access panel.

and i made this for much less than $100, but did use machinery not everyone has access to and cost many thousands of dollars lol.

i made both the shift knob and the 4wd shift knob in the background

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #1540
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOC Bulldog View Post
I wanted a lot more room in my TJ for my wife and I to have some stuff, and to be able to keep it locked up, along with keeping it dry. I removed the rear seat, along with the rear seat belts. I took some measurements, along with using a cardboard template, and made this....

Here is a shot from the side

Here is a shot from behind the front seat

I used one sheet of 3/4" plywood (already had it), and I bought a 4' x 9' sheet of rubber matting in a diamond plate style ($81.00 I think), 8 carriage bolts with nuts, small screws (to help hold it down along with 3M adhesive), and some black silicone to fill in the small gaps to make it weather tight. I also have yet to install 4 pocket tie downs to hold the top on while it's down, or as a tie down point for bigger items.

So I have less than $100 bucks into it now...... will be building a subframe underneath for a sliding drawer so I don't have to reach in. The only way to get into this will be through the locking tailgate. I also have a compressor that I will be mounting into the top, I need to cut out an area for the air pressure gauge, along with the locking sleeve.
Very nice, i want to do the same thing but want to use aluminum diamond plate over the plywood instead of the rubber
GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1541
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What would have cost me 60 bucks to call a locksmith to unlock my comanche ended up costing nothing cause I remembered the hole in my passenger side floor pan, so I just stuck my arm in an rolled down the window...for once, rust HELPED
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #1542
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142
What would have cost me 60 bucks to call a locksmith to unlock my comanche ended up costing nothing cause I remembered the hole in my passenger side floor pan, so I just stuck my arm in an rolled down the window...for once, rust HELPED
Funny....wrong....but funny!
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #1543
loch_carron
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Replacement Soft Top padding

The foam padding on my soft top was pretty well shot, so I headed down to my local big box DIY store and bought a length of 7/8" inside diameter pipe insulation- the kind with the adhesive tape attached. Cut off the old padding and used it to get the length I needed, cut two to length and slipped the insulation over the bars. Peeled off one side of the adhesive and then worked my way down the new padding, exposing the other half of the adhesive as I carefully lined up the pad.

It's not as thick as the old, worn out padding, but it's better than none at all. Best of all it was only $1.50 for a 6' length!
before.jpg   after.jpg  
loch_carron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #1544
higgins192
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loch_carron
The foam padding on my soft top was pretty well shot, so I headed down to my local big box DIY store and bought a length of 7/8" inside diameter pipe insulation- the kind with the adhesive tape attached. Cut off the old padding and used it to get the length I needed, cut two to length and slipped the insulation over the bars. Peeled off one side of the adhesive and then worked my way down the new padding, exposing the other half of the adhesive as I carefully lined up the pad.

It's not as thick as the old, worn out padding, but it's better than none at all. Best of all it was only $1.50 for a 6' length!
You must have the best top super top like I do
higgins192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #1545
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pictures wouldnt uploadnin my previous attempts, but here it is. Tailgate mod. Cost well under 100. Also the tj gas filler mod. Cast around 95 but only because i also bought a locking cover.
image.jpg  
95YJMountie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cheap , cj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.