New user here so I'm not sure if I can post my pictures yet, but I'll share... I've done a few things to enhance on a small budget. I have a 2013 Geko Green Wrangler Unlimited Sport. For about $30 I built a waterproof trunk cover. It also allows me to lock my jeep and keep things in the trunk while out and about (especially at the beach!) and keep things secure. It was a simple 1/2 inch piece of plywood that I measured and cut to fit around the roll bars and snug to the back of the seats. It bolts with 4 bolts (2 on each side) right into the hard top bolt fittings. I had to modify one corner so that I could fit it in place around the bars. Then covered it in a rubber mat and left about 2" of excess rubber off of the edges all around. If it rains the water rolls right off the back! I've managed to keep my bikini cover on all summer (so far) and keep everything fairly dry. It does leak a little around the roll bars, but its way better than having the back open! All for about $30.
Another one that cost me about $20, but has the look of a $1200 upgrade... I had stock silver/grey wheels that came with the jeep. I do have some nice mud terrains on it and really wanted some black wheels, but couldn't drop $1000+ right now. 3 cans of Plasti-Dip and $20 later, I have custom black wheels that look AWESOME! Simply put trash bags in behind the wheels to protect the brakes and interior stuff, used a deck of cards around the rim/tire (best idea my buddy ever gave me!), and put 5 coats on. First coat covered about 25%, second 50%, 3rd 75% and 4th and 5th 100%. This way the spray does not drip and it all looks even. If you hit something or something scrapes your wheel, it will peel, but I keep an extra can on hand and with a quick touch up spray, its perfect again.
Just a few ideas I thought I'd share. More to come I'm sure!
I wanted a lot more room in my TJ for my wife and I to have some stuff, and to be able to keep it locked up, along with keeping it dry. I removed the rear seat, along with the rear seat belts. I took some measurements, along with using a cardboard template, and made this....
Here is a shot from the side
Here is a shot from behind the front seat
I used one sheet of 3/4" plywood (already had it), and I bought a 4' x 9' sheet of rubber matting in a diamond plate style ($81.00 I think), 8 carriage bolts with nuts, small screws (to help hold it down along with 3M adhesive), and some black silicone to fill in the small gaps to make it weather tight. I also have yet to install 4 pocket tie downs to hold the top on while it's down, or as a tie down point for bigger items.
So I have less than $100 bucks into it now...... will be building a subframe underneath for a sliding drawer so I don't have to reach in. The only way to get into this will be through the locking tailgate. I also have a compressor that I will be mounting into the top, I need to cut out an area for the air pressure gauge, along with the locking sleeve.