I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #136
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

here's a link to my storage box setup, http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/y...ite-up-596248/

I pretty much just designed it as I went, but I think it turned out ok. it consists of 4 seperate parts, two wheel well boxes, a bulkhead/trunk section that can be attached in two different locations, and a lid/tonneau.

Unread 09-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #137
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Spraypainted the headlight bezels black. >$10 including paint and sandpaper. IMO really cleans up the front end.

offtopic, with all the namecalling, borderline trolling and obscene language wbrett1027 has used, one starts to wonder how he has retained member status... Or atleast his inflammatory posts.
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #138
theAuthority

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrett1027 View Post
you would be amazed, im not scared of anyone. however i will respect my authority. but talking about my parents and about my problems...

we have a problem
im not scared of anything nor anyone i live my life one min at a time not worrying or having regrets.. i wish some of you guys would look at who your talking to. calling snobby.. FUNNY GUY A
You called ? Now stfu ...

I passed emissions today, 4 bottles of 99% isopropyl alcohol mixed with 2 gallons of 89 octane gas. IMS set at 1.5 turns and idle set at 1100.

Woot, no cats either
theAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #139
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
You got some big mouth for a little troll. You tell me to shut up and I challenge you to shut me up - then this is your response?
Copper I will gladly take this responsibility off of your shoulders. Considering that I'm from MD...and he's from MD as well...I think I actually have a far better chance of getting some "results" than you do. Don't put him on your ignore list though...that takes away some of the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrett1027 View Post
im not scared of anything nor anyone i live my life one min at a time not worrying or having regrets
How original. What movie did you steal this line out of?

GD Thread HIJACKERS Member #1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Sport View Post
Sometimes I wish I had leaf springs.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #140
pentastar01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

This thread is startin' to get good.

But back to the topic, Cherry Bomb exhaust with a side exit AAR 'Cuda style. Just because it's a Jeep doesn't mean it can't have a somewhat performance look to it, IMO.
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #141
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastar01 View Post
This thread is startin' to get good.

But back to the topic, Cherry Bomb exhaust with a side exit AAR 'Cuda style. Just because it's a Jeep doesn't mean it can't have a somewhat performance look to it, IMO.
Can you post some pics? My exhaust pipe was rubbing on my rear shackle after redoing the lift because of the length of the bolts so I had to sawzall it off because the noise was getting to me. I though about doing a side exit though but just didn't know how it would look.

GD Thread HIJACKERS Member #1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Sport View Post
Sometimes I wish I had leaf springs.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 04:19 AM   #142
Jones
Consider the following...

This thread needs to get back on topic.
Unread 09-11-2009, 05:53 AM   #143
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Auxiliary Fan switch.

All you need is some wire, a switch, two female quick connects whatever size your switch takes , and one of those strip free wire connectors.

Go to pin2 on connector 3 under the hood to the PCM.

Use one of those strip free wire connectors and run another line off to a switch and it will go in the "Power" position on the switch, then run another line off the ACC position on the switch and run it to good ground.

You are done.

What happens is the computer sees that the engine is getting hot, and grounds pin2 on c3. You just make this happen without the computer's interference.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #144
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Back on topic:

Homemade 03-06 TJ Transfer Case Drop
GPS Mount for Roll Cage
3rd Brake Light and CB Antenna mount
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #145
pentastar01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloYJ View Post
Can you post some pics? My exhaust pipe was rubbing on my rear shackle after redoing the lift because of the length of the bolts so I had to sawzall it off because the noise was getting to me. I though about doing a side exit though but just didn't know how it would look.
I wish I could post a pick, but don't have a camera(at least not at the moment). Mine looks OK. If lookin' at it from the side you can see the Cherry Bomb and the rest of it. But the tip I picked isn't long enough so it doesn't stick out beyond the rocker(which is probaly better). If I do get a camera I'll be sure to post it up.
Unread 09-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #146
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
Auxiliary Fan switch.

All you need is some wire, a switch, two female quick connects whatever size your switch takes , and one of those strip free wire connectors.

Go to pin2 on connector 3 under the hood to the PCM.

Use one of those strip free wire connectors and run another line off to a switch and it will go in the "Power" position on the switch, then run another line off the ACC position on the switch and run it to good ground.

You are done.

What happens is the computer sees that the engine is getting hot, and grounds pin2 on c3. You just make this happen without the computer's interference.
Very cool, I'm doing this with my XJ soon. One thing I did was the Ext. Idle switch that most people know about but ill post it up here anyways. On my 98, I ran a switch that grounded the grey, solid color no stripes, wire coming out of the PCM. when you flick the switch, it grounds the grey wire and idle rpms rise to about 1100. useful for jumping, running accessories, getting good idle heat in the winter, etc. Disclaimer: wire colors vary depending on year so search around and find the correct thread (although in most years post 98 I'm pretty sure its grey)

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #147
danthejeepman90
1989 XJ Cherokee 

i painted the fender flares and lower part of my doors and rocker pannals for a little more than $10
this is my cherokee... there are many like it but this one is mine, I will love my cheroke form the day of ownership untill the day it dies, I promise to modd it and beat it after said mods... i promise to treat all other cherokee owners as family even though they are complete strangers.... and promise to jeep on forever
(in reference to wheeling) if at first you don't succeed, you clearly don't drive an xj
1989 jeep cherokee
danthejeepman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #148
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The KC Daylighters may not be under $100, but putting them on my A frame was a cool mod for about ~$50 including brackets, wiring and a relay.
Unread 09-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #149
pentastar01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

LOUD air horn, for...wait... $0. Now that's cheap.
Unread 09-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #150
Mtnduey
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Made a simple but solid/rugged mounting system for my LJ Hard Top.

I did this on my old 88 YJ and was really pleased with it. The idea behind this is to spread the load on the hardtop mounting surface so no single point of the fiberglass is asked to bear the entire load should any form of incidental contact happen off road or otherwise.

In short one of the more common things I saw with other Jeeps was the fiberglass around the bolts would crack or wear at a much higher rate due to the pressure put on the glass whether from overtightening, contact offroad (trees, etc..) or anything else really.

Anyhow, I'm rambling. On with the info...

Hardware:
1"x36"x1/8" Alluminum, holes made with 3/8" drill bit
Forget the length on the Eye Hook bolts, think it's 2.5" but I know diameter is 5/16"
I experiemented with both single/double nut at the top to square up the mounting surface. Single Bolt seems to be the best if you want to use a double washer system on the underside of the bolt.
Top and Bottom I used a regular washer as well as a rubber washer.
I also used a nylon threadded nut to secure the bolts, could just as easily use locktite if you want.

Total Hardware investment about $20

Pic:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.