I am doing a home made body lift on a 97 jeep grand cherokee and i have some ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > I am doing a home made body lift on a 97 jeep grand cherokee and i have some ?'s

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
JeepGrand97
1997 ZJ 

I am doing a home made body lift on a 97 jeep grand cherokee and i have some ?'s

Like i said im going to build a home made bodylift kit for my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I want to know if anybody has done this and could give me some info. I have 2 complete machine shops at my disposal so making the stuff and getting material is not a problem. and that is justt to let anybody who was going to say just buy one know that its cheaper and easier to make one for me. Thanks

JeepGrand97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You are thoroughly confused.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Post pictures when you finish this endeavour ;-)
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
jeepjunkymike
1999 XJ Cherokee 

lol,,do we let this one ride or does anybody want let him know?,,,unless he is talking about a budget boost
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
jeepjunkymike
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGrand97 View Post
Like i said im going to build a home made bodylift kit for my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I want to know if anybody has done this and could give me some info. I have 2 complete machine shops at my disposal so making the stuff and getting material is not a problem. and that is justt to let anybody who was going to say just buy one know that its cheaper and easier to make one for me. Thanks

ok i will,,,,bro,,, you cant do a body lift because your jeep is a unibody,,the frame is part of the body,,,
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
SnowYJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

wtfwtf
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 10-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
JeepGrand97
1997 ZJ 

alright guys thanks sorry idk anything about jeeps i am a ford guy so thats y i asked.
JeepGrand97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You can get a set of 2in spring spacers off ebay for cheap if your looking for a small lift.
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
Supertrooper50
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGrand97
While you do a "body lift" you can also put new leaf springs! Lol
Supertrooper50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh the laughs I have at others expense!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
haloperformance
1991 XJ Cherokee 

It can be done.

But is it worth it? You would need a donor frame from another vehicle. Full size blazer, Ramcharger, etc. Unless you wanna get creative. Like REAL creative with a plasma cutter and welder, the frame of your Jeep is basically part of the body. If you really want to do a cheap lift, you might be talking about a "budget boost" which adds spacers about your coil springs and adding new shocks. A body lift cannot really be done on a grand cherokee.

Explanation of unibody
http://www.carfax.com/car_buying/car_frames.cfx
1991 XJ: 35"s, 4:56s 5.5"LA lift, stretched, locked, skids, caged, high steer, spray paint. I think it was stock at one point.
<-1978 CJ5 parts - click on my classified
haloperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift kit advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.