horn doesn't work. and cold water pours in the passagers floor board - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > horn doesn't work. and cold water pours in the passagers floor board

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
BrentNkelc4x4

horn doesn't work. and cold water pours in the passagers floor board

We just bought a 99 jeep Cherokee and the horn does not work. I've checked all the fuses I don't know what to do. And also water pours in the passenger floor board. It's not the heater core. It was perfect heat. Please help us.

BrentNkelc4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Is your airbag light on? I bet it's your clock spring. I've had one go out on me
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
BrentNkelc4x4

Yes it stays on. Wheres the clock spring at?
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The clock spring is on the steering wheel behind the steering column. It allows the electrical connections to the steering wheel. For a replacement I recommend eBay. I think mine was around 60 when I replaced mine. Not a hard install. Pull steering wheel, pull the old clock spring assembly off, put the new one on, and reinstall steering wheel. Trick is to not turn the spring when it's not installed. It is broken easily if rotated too far.

If you do a quick search I'm sure you can find a quick write up on how to do the install. If I can be of any help lmk.
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
BrentNkelc4x4

Awsome thank you so much now I just gotta figure out how to stop the water leak in the floor board lol
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

For the water leak I would say go over to the Cherokee section and you might have more luck. Should be able to find something with a quick search
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
BrentNkelc4x4

Thank you. I'm new to this site and I have the app on my phone can you tell me why I can't comment on other people post?
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Your leak on the passenger floor board is likely the a/c condensation tube is blocked and backing up and leaking on the floor board. There used to be a you tube video showing how to unclog it. I had the same leak in my wrangler but it wasn't clogged. Seems the drain tube out the firewall came from the factory in a too horizontal position. When I put a lift on the jeep, air would rush under at highway speed and push the condesation back in the tube not allowing to drain. Brought a rubber connector with a 90 degree bend from the dealership that was designed to fix the prob. It did.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
BrentNkelc4x4

I seen a video on YouTube about the drain n the guy had a 90 degree bend he was talking about. I found what I think is the drain out of the firewall n it barely flows out. My jeep has no lift on it. So wld just putting the 90 degree bend on the tube that comes out of the firewall fix my problem? I love how I buy a vehicle works perfect for a couple of months n things start to go wrong.
Unread 05-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
DJeepinOK
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thats just the nature of the jeep! As far as your clockspring, just go to a local wrecking yard or a pull-a-part and you can get a working one for <$10
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
BrentNkelc4x4

Sweet. Thank you
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #12
Avionic1JN
1991 MJ Comanche 

Yeah I believe they released a tsb on the wet floorboard topic. But before you pull your steering wheel off. Check for power and ground at the horn itself. Those things love to short out.
Avionic1JN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
BrentNkelc4x4

Yea I put a zip tie up the drain hole n some mold came out n water just flowed out it worked. Thanks everyone. The horn is on the to do list now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.