JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Cheap Tricks & Fixes (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/)
-   -   horn doesn't work. and cold water pours in the passagers floor board (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/horn-doesnt-work-cold-water-pours-passagers-floor-board-1522360/)

BrentNkelc4x4 05-12-2013 01:54 PM

horn doesn't work. and cold water pours in the passagers floor board

We just bought a 99 jeep Cherokee and the horn does not work. I've checked all the fuses I don't know what to do. And also water pours in the passenger floor board. It's not the heater core. It was perfect heat. Please help us.

Wrangler_91 05-15-2013 06:05 AM

Is your airbag light on? I bet it's your clock spring. I've had one go out on me

BrentNkelc4x4 05-15-2013 07:08 AM

Yes it stays on. Wheres the clock spring at?

Wrangler_91 05-15-2013 07:22 AM

The clock spring is on the steering wheel behind the steering column. It allows the electrical connections to the steering wheel. For a replacement I recommend eBay. I think mine was around 60 when I replaced mine. Not a hard install. Pull steering wheel, pull the old clock spring assembly off, put the new one on, and reinstall steering wheel. Trick is to not turn the spring when it's not installed. It is broken easily if rotated too far.

If you do a quick search I'm sure you can find a quick write up on how to do the install. If I can be of any help lmk.

BrentNkelc4x4 05-15-2013 07:36 AM

Awsome thank you so much now I just gotta figure out how to stop the water leak in the floor board lol

Wrangler_91 05-15-2013 12:49 PM

For the water leak I would say go over to the Cherokee section and you might have more luck. Should be able to find something with a quick search

BrentNkelc4x4 05-15-2013 01:15 PM

Thank you. I'm new to this site and I have the app on my phone can you tell me why I can't comment on other people post?

Spud100 05-15-2013 07:30 PM

Your leak on the passenger floor board is likely the a/c condensation tube is blocked and backing up and leaking on the floor board. There used to be a you tube video showing how to unclog it. I had the same leak in my wrangler but it wasn't clogged. Seems the drain tube out the firewall came from the factory in a too horizontal position. When I put a lift on the jeep, air would rush under at highway speed and push the condesation back in the tube not allowing to drain. Brought a rubber connector with a 90 degree bend from the dealership that was designed to fix the prob. It did.

BrentNkelc4x4 05-15-2013 08:16 PM

I seen a video on YouTube about the drain n the guy had a 90 degree bend he was talking about. I found what I think is the drain out of the firewall n it barely flows out. My jeep has no lift on it. So wld just putting the 90 degree bend on the tube that comes out of the firewall fix my problem? I love how I buy a vehicle works perfect for a couple of months n things start to go wrong.

DJeepinOK 05-19-2013 09:40 PM

Thats just the nature of the jeep! As far as your clockspring, just go to a local wrecking yard or a pull-a-part and you can get a working one for <$10

BrentNkelc4x4 05-20-2013 06:50 AM

Sweet. Thank you

Avionic1JN 05-26-2013 08:25 AM

Yeah I believe they released a tsb on the wet floorboard topic. But before you pull your steering wheel off. Check for power and ground at the horn itself. Those things love to short out.

BrentNkelc4x4 05-27-2013 09:35 AM

Yea I put a zip tie up the drain hole n some mold came out n water just flowed out it worked. Thanks everyone. The horn is on the to do list now :)

The time now is 04:17 PM.