High Lift Jack Mounting Location - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > High Lift Jack Mounting Location

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #61
RARECJ8

i see you are smart and mount the HL in an easily accessable location-- not buried under trail gear, in a location to scratch the paint, etc getting it off or secured where it does double duty as a bumper stopping rocks. I'm curoius why you removed the foot pad? Is it due to space limitations? If its the rattle, we have a solution-- take off the foot pad, squirt in a good gob of clear silicone and push it back into position. After a few days it will dry and remain semi-soft-- and presto! no more rattles. a small length of velcro will wrap around the climbing bar and the handle eliminating rattles there as well.

looks good-- just keep it well lubricated. The HL jacks have a way of drying out and are theu prone to failure when u need it most. I keep mine well lubricated and the climbing pins, vital components, etc are enclosed in a small water-proof canvas bag held in place w/ zip ties, so this way, after months and months of sitting on the rig, it will be in ready condition-- no more hunting up WD40 on the trail just to get ur dried-up HL to properly function.

mb

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #62
BluesMan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8
i see you are smart and mount the HL in an easily accessable location-- not buried under trail gear, in a location to scratch the paint, etc getting it off or secured where it does double duty as a bumper stopping rocks. I'm curoius why you removed the foot pad? Is it due to space limitations? If its the rattle, we have a solution-- take off the foot pad, squirt in a good gob of clear silicone and push it back into position. After a few days it will dry and remain semi-soft-- and presto! no more rattles. a small length of velcro will wrap around the climbing bar and the handle eliminating rattles there as well.

looks good-- just keep it well lubricated. The HL jacks have a way of drying out and are theu prone to failure when u need it most. I keep mine well lubricated and the climbing pins, vital components, etc are enclosed in a small water-proof canvas bag held in place w/ zip ties, so this way, after months and months of sitting on the rig, it will be in ready condition-- no more hunting up WD40 on the trail just to get ur dried-up HL to properly function.

mb
Took the Cast Foot Piece off due to space limitation as you suspected. It is mounted via one of the bolted spacers and two zip ties to keep it from rattling.
It has been out there on the jeep for three years so far and only used twice, once to lift a Ford pickup for a guy without a jack, and once to pull up 10 fence posts for the neighbor with a short length of chain. (I had never done this before but he showed me how, to think of all the times I dug and dug to get them darn things out).
Its 20+ years old (been moved from rig to rig) and I stripped it down and repainted it before putting it on the jeep. So far, here in the west with minimal rust it is just fine. I do keep it oiled.
Still works like new, but that is due to good care and only using it 1-4 times a year.
Unread 09-22-2006, 07:25 AM   #63
ghiradelli777
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
ROTFLMAO

I wouldnt get too mad at him, its to be expected from a 21 year old boy

i take offense to the 21 year old comment.....
Unread 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #64
dogratty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Inside HiLift Mount

2004 YJ - got rid of rear seat for extendatrunk, put it on top of that.
mounts on studs with pipe nipples for spacers, I use carriage bolts with wingnuts underneath for security

dogratty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #65
HowIRoll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8
Делает ваш поцелуй сестры на первой дате?
What about kissing your sister?

http://longhornfabshop.com/
HowIRoll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #66
Gunmetal-TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowIRoll
What about kissing your sister?

It means "Does your sister kiss on the first date" but translated in form says "Does your kiss of the sister on the first date".
Translated on http://translation2.paralink.com/

Intersting thread BTW.. my freind gave me a 6' jack and i have no friggin clue where to put it!
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #67
glockfire

Put my jack on my hood, easily accesible, out of the way, and looks cool imo.

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #68
texmex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech
I have the hood mount,no drilling bolts right to the hood hinges.
Where did you purchase your hood mounts?
texmex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #69
Stout95YJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

got all of it from Ace hardware for about 6$

Stout95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #70
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

when I bought my jeep, it had a hi-lift mounted on the front bumper,

I didn't really like it being there, because if I didn't keep it lubed, the mechanisum would start to rust, and stick.
I built a storage system to go in the back of the jeep, and decided to move the jack inside,

muddy93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #71
dutywilliam
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Cost under 20 bucks with clamps and cable lock

I got the clamps from http://www.mcmaster.com/ search Routing Clamps & Hangers and got all thread and the nuts from work. Cable lock at wal-mart.
dutywilliam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #72
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

good mount here if you want in inside, protects from the elements and is easy to get to http://bbb.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/ult...4;t=000230;p=1

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #73
RARECJ8

desplay of the hi-lift externally adds to the cool factor and provides easy and fast access in an emergency. sad thing, every run i've been on over 20 years when a driver needs his hi-lift, its bone dry and will not operate until someone hunts up some penetrating oil. so i came up w/ a water proof canvas bag that slips around the fital components and keeps it all nice, lubed and ready for action. One could use a ski gater, water proof and designed to keep snow from ur ski boots. try this and u'll always be glad, otherwise, haula round a jack that will not work when u need it most.

this is not to be confused w/ the bag hhi-lift sells which believe is junk-- u really only need to protect the springs, climbing pins, etc. pix upon request.

JMO

mb

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #74
spyder873
1994 YJ Wrangler 

heres how mine is mounted. Its safe and out of the way and inside.

sorry the first pic. is alittle shakey
spyder873 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #75
Gawdger
2008 JK Wrangler 

I used the 4XRAC mounts normally used to mount to your front or rear bumper. I mounted them to the top of the rear wheel wells. Mounted mine in a LJ, so I'm not sure of the fit in the normal sized jeep. $30 + some better hardware than the supplied crap from 4XRAC.

Needed to modify the supplied cover plate due to using the furthermost holes on the HiLift, which was making contact with the base plate.

Note to those who mounted up front (I had mine up there)...Mine was seized up on the first use, and it had been mounted there for less than a month. Cool...yes but a PITA when needed.
Gawdger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.