High Lift Jack Mounting Location - Page 21 - JeepForum.com

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 453 Old 08-23-2011, 11:43 PM
clarkjdg
Registered User
 
clarkjdg's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Plainview, Texas
Posts: 347
My new High Lift jack mounts under the spare, on the spare swing out. Held on by two bolts with lug nut size nuts to hold it on.

Attached Thumbnails
rear 1.JPG  

LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE IS WAS YOUR LAST...
/_|__\___\
[n___n_[*lllll*]
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 453 Old 08-24-2011, 02:03 PM
RARECJ8
Registered User
 
RARECJ8's Avatar
1981 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Reno/Tahoe
Posts: 1,858
Reality Check Time: How often does the average wheeler REALLY use the hi lift? In 30 years of wheeling I have used a hi lift twice. Two times. The rest of the years it just rides along and adds weigh, temptation for crooks and gets dried out and rusty. Have used the winch many times but not the hi lift. I have changed out leaf springs, shackles and the like, changed tires, straightened firewalls and always use a mechanical bottle jack. ( i modified the jacks screw slot to use an impact gun to raise and lower it= easy). Hi lift makes a sweet 'lift mate' to directly lit a wheel and that gets used once in a while. Cool factors and 'trail ready' aside, how often do you REALLY use the hi lift to lift ur rig on the trail? Shop use doesn't count.

Look it's a 4.6!
Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel. ECV 3697
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline  
post #303 of 453 Old 08-24-2011, 02:11 PM
2003X
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8
Reality Check Time: How often does the average wheeler REALLY use the hi lift? In 30 years of wheeling I have used a hi lift twice. Two times. The rest of the years it just rides along and adds weigh, temptation for crooks and gets dried out and rusty. Have used the winch many times but not the hi lift. I have changed out leaf springs, shackles and the like, changed tires, straightened firewalls and always use a mechanical bottle jack. ( i modified the jacks screw slot to use an impact gun to raise and lower it= easy). Hi lift makes a sweet 'lift mate' to directly lit a wheel and that gets used once in a while. Cool factors and 'trail ready' aside, how often do you REALLY use the hi lift to lift ur rig on the trail? Shop use doesn't count.
Who cares. Its their if i need it.
2003X is offline  
post #304 of 453 Old 08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,299
I have only used my Hi Lift a few times while wheeling, for recovery. I strap mine down behind the rear seat. It keeps my sub woofer and bag of assorted recovery gear in place if/when I tip over. It doesn't weigh much. If I didnít' have it there I would have to have something else there it keep my crap in place.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
Ross is offline  
post #305 of 453 Old 08-24-2011, 05:30 PM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
Reality Check Time: How often does the average wheeler REALLY use the hi lift? In 30 years of wheeling I have used a hi lift twice. Two times. The rest of the years it just rides along and adds weigh, temptation for crooks and gets dried out and rusty. Have used the winch many times but not the hi lift. I have changed out leaf springs, shackles and the like, changed tires, straightened firewalls and always use a mechanical bottle jack. ( i modified the jacks screw slot to use an impact gun to raise and lower it= easy). Hi lift makes a sweet 'lift mate' to directly lit a wheel and that gets used once in a while. Cool factors and 'trail ready' aside, how often do you REALLY use the hi lift to lift ur rig on the trail? Shop use doesn't count.
i used mine the second time i went wheeling. I had rocks and sticks locking up my front brakes. ive also used it other times and i've gone wheeling with others who have used theirs. Reality Check Time: Its a Jeep Thing, You wouldnt Understand lol
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
post #306 of 453 Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 PM
clarkjdg
Registered User
 
clarkjdg's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Plainview, Texas
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
i used mine the second time i went wheeling. I had rocks and sticks locking up my front brakes. ive also used it other times and i've gone wheeling with others who have used theirs. Reality Check Time: Its a Jeep Thing, You wouldnt Understand lol
Well "once" is all it takes and if you aint got it, you aint got it. Its kinda like a spare I haven't used mine in years because I try to take care of problems before they happen, but Ive got my spare just in case, and my jack just in case, but I'm not a know it all that knows everything so who cares. I wonder if Mr Know it All has a spare? But again WHO CARES!!!!!!

LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE IS WAS YOUR LAST...
/_|__\___\
[n___n_[*lllll*]
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline  
post #307 of 453 Old 08-25-2011, 11:01 AM
RARECJ8
Registered User
 
RARECJ8's Avatar
1981 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Reno/Tahoe
Posts: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
Reality Check Time: Its a Jeep Thing, You wouldnt Understand lol

Oh and i DO understand. Not dissing any of the younguns, just asking what frequency it is used. Yes, like a spare tire, but a spare will likely get used before a hi lift. I have carried a real hi-lift, not a HF farm jack, for 30 years and never leave home w/o it. Some tools and parts we carry are never used (but be prepared) and others we carry get used all the time.

In winter i mount up a pull-pal and it sees heavy use in deep snow. But that doesn't mean i carry it year round.
So question is how often does your jack get used? Not even remotely advocating not taking it along, just curious.

Since i'm now mr know it all-- resist the temptation to mount the hi lift, fuel cans and spare tire on the roof rack of ur rig. But we all know that, right?

Look it's a 4.6!
Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel. ECV 3697
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline  
post #308 of 453 Old 08-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
Oh and i DO understand. Not dissing any of the younguns, just asking what frequency it is used. Yes, like a spare tire, but a spare will likely get used before a hi lift. I have carried a real hi-lift, not a HF farm jack, for 30 years and never leave home w/o it. Some tools and parts we carry are never used (but be prepared) and others we carry get used all the time.

In winter i mount up a pull-pal and it sees heavy use in deep snow. But that doesn't mean i carry it year round.
So question is how often does your jack get used? Not even remotely advocating not taking it along, just curious.

Since i'm now mr know it all-- resist the temptation to mount the hi lift, fuel cans and spare tire on the roof rack of ur rig. But we all know that, right?
I have been driving for 29 years and had 1 flat. I have been wheeling for about 10 years and needed my Hi Lift more than one time, even with having a winch.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
Ross is offline  
post #309 of 453 Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
jpms
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: wamego
Posts: 82
Wow, I must be doing something wrong, I sold my old K5 and bought a JKU Rubicon, and am dieing because I cant figure out where to mount my hi-lift. I wear a set of pins out once a year I use it so much for everything!!!!
jpms is offline  
post #310 of 453 Old 09-22-2011, 06:28 AM
unlblkrubi
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 833
I've had my fire ext. for years and have never used it either.

Black 13 JKUR 10th Annivsary
White 13 JKUR

___________________________________________
unlblkrubi is offline  
post #311 of 453 Old 09-23-2011, 02:36 PM
jpms
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: wamego
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
I've had my fire ext. for years and have never used it either.
Holy Crap, I use one about twice a year.... This year was a tractor in tall grass and had a grass fire, and fireworks in a bush
jpms is offline  
post #312 of 453 Old 09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
FragOut
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu2kill View Post
i made a hilift/shovel mount to put mine in the hood....







I want one..........
FragOut is offline  
post #313 of 453 Old 10-03-2011, 08:30 AM
mudbug95
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: king of prussia
Posts: 123
.
mudbug95 is offline  
post #314 of 453 Old 11-03-2011, 08:48 AM
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,623
oh no! blank post

NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline  
post #315 of 453 Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 AM
SKINUM
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 907
Excellent idea.......I think im going to use this cheap mounting option.

SKINUM is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Hi-Lift jack location 2000TJDude General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment 0 05-31-2007 09:41 PM
High lift Jack Blaster General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment 13 11-17-2006 09:22 PM
mounting a 60" hi jack lift sahara0207 General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment 16 11-01-2006 06:45 PM
high lift jack jm708 Cheap Tricks & Fixes 15 02-07-2006 03:07 PM
Best High Jack Lift urwaker General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment 8 07-30-2005 11:46 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome