High Lift Jack Mounting Location - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > High Lift Jack Mounting Location

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #301
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

My new High Lift jack mounts under the spare, on the spare swing out. Held on by two bolts with lug nut size nuts to hold it on.

rear-1.jpg  
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #302
RARECJ8

Reality Check Time: How often does the average wheeler REALLY use the hi lift? In 30 years of wheeling I have used a hi lift twice. Two times. The rest of the years it just rides along and adds weigh, temptation for crooks and gets dried out and rusty. Have used the winch many times but not the hi lift. I have changed out leaf springs, shackles and the like, changed tires, straightened firewalls and always use a mechanical bottle jack. ( i modified the jacks screw slot to use an impact gun to raise and lower it= easy). Hi lift makes a sweet 'lift mate' to directly lit a wheel and that gets used once in a while. Cool factors and 'trail ready' aside, how often do you REALLY use the hi lift to lift ur rig on the trail? Shop use doesn't count.

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #303
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8
Reality Check Time: How often does the average wheeler REALLY use the hi lift? In 30 years of wheeling I have used a hi lift twice. Two times. The rest of the years it just rides along and adds weigh, temptation for crooks and gets dried out and rusty. Have used the winch many times but not the hi lift. I have changed out leaf springs, shackles and the like, changed tires, straightened firewalls and always use a mechanical bottle jack. ( i modified the jacks screw slot to use an impact gun to raise and lower it= easy). Hi lift makes a sweet 'lift mate' to directly lit a wheel and that gets used once in a while. Cool factors and 'trail ready' aside, how often do you REALLY use the hi lift to lift ur rig on the trail? Shop use doesn't count.
Who cares. Its their if i need it.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #304
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have only used my Hi Lift a few times while wheeling, for recovery. I strap mine down behind the rear seat. It keeps my sub woofer and bag of assorted recovery gear in place if/when I tip over. It doesn't weigh much. If I didnít' have it there I would have to have something else there it keep my crap in place.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #305
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
i used mine the second time i went wheeling. I had rocks and sticks locking up my front brakes. ive also used it other times and i've gone wheeling with others who have used theirs. Reality Check Time: Its a Jeep Thing, You wouldnt Understand lol
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #306
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
i used mine the second time i went wheeling. I had rocks and sticks locking up my front brakes. ive also used it other times and i've gone wheeling with others who have used theirs. Reality Check Time: Its a Jeep Thing, You wouldnt Understand lol
Well "once" is all it takes and if you aint got it, you aint got it. Its kinda like a spare I haven't used mine in years because I try to take care of problems before they happen, but Ive got my spare just in case, and my jack just in case, but I'm not a know it all that knows everything so who cares. I wonder if Mr Know it All has a spare? But again WHO CARES!!!!!!
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #307
RARECJ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
Reality Check Time: Its a Jeep Thing, You wouldnt Understand lol

Oh and i DO understand. Not dissing any of the younguns, just asking what frequency it is used. Yes, like a spare tire, but a spare will likely get used before a hi lift. I have carried a real hi-lift, not a HF farm jack, for 30 years and never leave home w/o it. Some tools and parts we carry are never used (but be prepared) and others we carry get used all the time.

In winter i mount up a pull-pal and it sees heavy use in deep snow. But that doesn't mean i carry it year round.
So question is how often does your jack get used? Not even remotely advocating not taking it along, just curious.

Since i'm now mr know it all-- resist the temptation to mount the hi lift, fuel cans and spare tire on the roof rack of ur rig. But we all know that, right?

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #308
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
Oh and i DO understand. Not dissing any of the younguns, just asking what frequency it is used. Yes, like a spare tire, but a spare will likely get used before a hi lift. I have carried a real hi-lift, not a HF farm jack, for 30 years and never leave home w/o it. Some tools and parts we carry are never used (but be prepared) and others we carry get used all the time.

In winter i mount up a pull-pal and it sees heavy use in deep snow. But that doesn't mean i carry it year round.
So question is how often does your jack get used? Not even remotely advocating not taking it along, just curious.

Since i'm now mr know it all-- resist the temptation to mount the hi lift, fuel cans and spare tire on the roof rack of ur rig. But we all know that, right?
I have been driving for 29 years and had 1 flat. I have been wheeling for about 10 years and needed my Hi Lift more than one time, even with having a winch.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #309
jpms
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow, I must be doing something wrong, I sold my old K5 and bought a JKU Rubicon, and am dieing because I cant figure out where to mount my hi-lift. I wear a set of pins out once a year I use it so much for everything!!!!
jpms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 06:28 AM   #310
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've had my fire ext. for years and have never used it either.

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #311
jpms
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
I've had my fire ext. for years and have never used it either.
Holy Crap, I use one about twice a year.... This year was a tractor in tall grass and had a grass fire, and fireworks in a bush
jpms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #312
FragOut
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu2kill View Post
i made a hilift/shovel mount to put mine in the hood....

I want one..........
FragOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #313
mudbug95
1999 TJ Wrangler 

mudbug95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #314
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

oh no! blank post
Unread 11-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #315
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Excellent idea.......I think im going to use this cheap mounting option.

SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.