High Lift Jack Mounting Location - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > High Lift Jack Mounting Location

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #226
2000jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealo951 View Post
why would you want to do that? do you not have a back seat? lol just saying.. I usually always have friends in the back. lol
Yes sir i have no back seat.

Unread 05-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #227
monsterenergy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I had it there temperarly (behind the front seats) but I put mine at back on roll bar
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #567
monsterenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #228
tealo951
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000jeeper View Post
Yes sir i have no back seat.
you have a valid point my friend.

would you want it to be laying down? or up right? near the floor? or up higher? do you have a full top, or like a half top or something.

Anyways, you could possibly get a right angle bracket from like home depot for the base end of the jack, and just a bolt up through the floor with some spacers for the other end. if it will even fit there, i have the 48" one and it wouldn't fit in between the roll bars on the back, over the wheel wells, so i'm not sure how well it will fit on the floor between the roll bars..

Good luck to you, post pictures if you figure something out!

you see here mine is. I'm happy with it there, it leaves free space inside now. And i have the boot for it so it's protected from the weather.

Happy Fabing!
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #229
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealo951 View Post

I ordered a neopren booty for the mechanisims so they be safe. if you look closely, the wing nut ont the pass side has a lock through the top of the bolts. so it's safe. when the things get here i'm takin it off and lubbing it and cleaning the rust that has been on it since i bought it last year. EXCITED! haha
X2
GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #230
tealo951
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilNewJeeper View Post
X2
IS NICE! lol
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #231
ROCKHARDKIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsahara24 View Post
i am trying to decide where to mount my 48" high lift jack on my yj? Any suggestions and pictures would be appreciated. I would like to mount it on the outside of the jeep if possible but any suggestions are welcome! Thanks

jason
my cj5 doesnt have a back seat, therfore i mounted mine across the fender wells. Looks pretty sweet.
ROCKHARDKIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #232
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I anchored mine to the roll bar this week. Muffler clamps: 2 1/2" driver side, 3" passenger. Lines up really well, and cost $6.
I added door trim to the edges of the base and the edges on the clamps, because they do rub my top when I put it up and down.
...and no, no back seat...

wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #233
DriveByTruckerz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I removed my rear bumper and put some long bolts through two of the factory holes on the frame, then put it on with some wing-nuts.

(OIF 2005-2006 - Mahmudiyah/Scania, Iraq)
DriveByTruckerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #234
ROADDOG516
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Heres another roll bar mount total cost $7.00 2x mullfler clamps (2.5" size), and 3 wingnuts with washers. I did drill two holes in Hilift, one on base in middle parrel to one already there and one on end of steel lift bar to mount that end. I also added a cable lock color red courtesy of GLOCK here are pics :http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...AxNDYuanBn.jpg http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...AxNDguanBn.jpg http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...AxNDkuanBn.jpg http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...AxNTEuanBn.jpg
2013 JKU Sahara
ROADDOG516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #235
PainProphet
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I looked through this thread a couple of times but I didn't see it, does anyone know where he/she got this kit?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it, ouch on the price, more than the damn jack, ahh well.

How badly does this setup get in the way when trying to take the top down?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_9002.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepskater433 View Post
heres the pic from the website of a mounting kit that i put on my jeep to hold my jack, it works pretty good, no rattles or anything and easy to put in

Last edited by PainProphet; 06-24-2010 at 06:59 AM..
PainProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #236
DriveByTruckerz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if there's any trouble folding the soft top down with this setup...

(OIF 2005-2006 - Mahmudiyah/Scania, Iraq)
DriveByTruckerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #237
tealo951
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i had mine mounted on the tub, in the same spot, but not with the roll bar. And the soft top kinda folded over it, it was a little bulgy, but not bad, my rear window had some scoffs on it though. lol
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #238
ENoe
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
I imitated Flipper1's method today. It took longer than planned, but worked out pretty well. Only problem: I need a hood prop now because I can't quite get the hood back all the way to the windshield frame, no matter how I put the jack on.
Still: awesome to get it out of the tub.

Edit: now that I have half inch holes in the hood, I realize that my hood mount setup blocks the windshield sprayers, a must-have in Ohio. Damn. Guess I'm going to hope I get into welding class so I can make a mount to put it on my stupid tire carrier that has rounded tube for the swingout part...
I have a light mount on the hood that is DIY and when I first installed it it blocked the washers but I moved it forward 1/2 inch and it worked fine. Also I can raise the hood all the way to the windshield for full access to the engine.
ENoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #239
cbman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YEAH, why even mount it at all??? I just wedged mine snugly behind the back seat. no rattling or anything. easy to remove.
pic_0177.jpg  
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #240
PainProphet
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've found my hilift and my shovel fit nicely behind the front seats, on the floor, with the rear seat tumble and folded on top of it. I throw a rag over the cupholders and It hasn't moved, didn't rattle. I think I remember a post where someone put a bolt through the floorboard and the hilift would sit on it. Might think that route one of these days if I get bored.
PainProphet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.