High Lift Jack Mounting Location - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > High Lift Jack Mounting Location

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #211
RARECJ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealo951 View Post

I ordered a neopren booty for the mechanisims so they be safe. if you look closely, the wing nut ont the pass side has a lock through the top of the bolts. so it's safe. when the things get here i'm takin it off and lubbing it and cleaning the rust that has been on it since i bought it last year. EXCITED! haha
maybe its a wives tale or not, but on the ranch growing up we were always instructed when lubing a high lift to do so under a load, so jack up ur bumper while ur lubing the heck out of it. just spraying it on in a static condition does not fully work the moving pins, springs, etc.

i have the neoprene boot and it seems to be holding up well to the elements.

good luck

mb

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #212
tealo951
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
maybe its a wives tale or not, but on the ranch growing up we were always instructed when lubing a high lift to do so under a load, so jack up ur bumper while ur lubing the heck out of it. just spraying it on in a static condition does not fully work the moving pins, springs, etc.

i have the neoprene boot and it seems to be holding up well to the elements.

good luck

mb
when i put the boot on i lubbed it with my dad pushing down on the foot part while i lubbed and raised/lowered the mechanism.

Thanks for your advice! next time i won't use my father. lmao
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #213
newbiejpr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my latest creation, put it on the Jeep when I want to carry the Jack, take it off when I don't...All it took was a recovery point from Harbor Freight (I guess you could use a hitch extension, or a hitch, or a piece of 2" square tube), a 24" piece of angle, and some 3/8" hardware. put it together for under $20!

John Gilkey's Photos | Facebook

Unread 03-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #214
ronsaun
2003 WJ 

cant wait to review this thread
[B][/B][SIZE="1"][B]aussie[/B] rear end, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brake pads, [B]ironman[/B] adj.front upper/lower and rear lower control arms, [B]teraflex [/B]4" spring lift, [B]fat bobs[/B] 2' bb, [B]rusty's[/B] drop pitman arm, [B]jks[/B] adjustable trackbar, [B]moog[/B] tie rod ends/ball joints, [B]rancho 9000[/B] shocks, [B]kor[/B] dual stabilizer, [B]rough country[/B] front and rear bump stop extensions, homebrew front quick disconnects, [B]rough country[/B] rear swaybar link drop kit, [B]IRO[/B] a-arm spacer, transfer case drop kit, homebrew rocksliders, [B]rola[/B] roof rack, [B]speed bleeders[/B], 2" wheel spacers, 4-[B]treadwright[/B] guard dog mt 265/75/16, mud flaps, [B]superchip[/B], [B]k&n[/B] cold air intake, straightpiped, chrome tailpipe tip,[B] v-led[/B] hid headlights w/halo,[B] v-led [/B]hid foglights w/halo, [B]kidde[/B] fire extinguisher w/bracket, [B]maglite[/B] w/mounting bracket, [B]cobra[/B] cb, [B]firestik[/B] antenna, [B]white gauges[/B] gauge face overlays, [B]viair[/B] compressor, blue led interior lighting upgrade, [B]hi lift[/B] 48" jack, [B]hi lift[/B] jack base, wind deflectors for: hood, moon roof and windows, [B]sony[/B] stereo, [B]garmin[/B] nuvi gps, recovery D ring, interior mount keyed battery switch, custom dash brackets for gps, cb, sat radio, cellphone, bumper mount halogen reverse lights, [B]cobra[/B] radar detector, [B]smittybilt[/B] gear seat covers and tailgate organizer, [B]browning[/B] rooftop camo cargo bags, grille insert, washer fluid reservoir relocation, foldup cargo carrier, aluminum side steps, [B]addco[/B] rear swaybar, deer whistles, [B]mobile one[/B] synthetic oil, [B]slick 50[/B] high mileage oil additive, [B]k&n[/B] oil filter
[B]TO DO:[/B]
[B]reece[/B] front hitch, [B]warn[/B] winch, [B]elocker [/B]or [B]arb[/B] front selectable locker, [B]bulldog[/B] remote start, [B]hi lift[/B] essential parts kit, 2-[B]hella[/B] driving lights, [B]gerry[/B] can and bracket, stinger bar, wood dash kit, snorkel, washer fluid heater, rear swing tire carrier, finish the skid plates, fender flares, [B]addco [/B]front swaybar[/SIZE]
ronsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #215
tealo951
1998 TJ Wrangler 

have at it. haha
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #216
steveojeepster
1978 CJ7 

Check out the Quick Fist rubber clamps here. These guys make high quality, easy to mount / use clamps for everything including hi-lifts, shovels, etc. I've got some mounted on my tire carrier for a shovel.
QUICK FIST clamp in use
steveojeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #217
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlbook48 View Post
Cobbled together a hi-lift mount on my BESRK tire carrier out of 3" square tube. Nothing special, just some free scrap left over from my fence project.

A couple 1/2" grade 8 bolts hold the tube to the carrier, and three 1/2" grade 8 pan-head Allan bolts hold the jack to the mount. Why three? Because if I drop/lose one wing nut in the mud I'll have an extra.

The slight angle of the bolts relative to the long axis of the tube keeps one end of the jack base pressed against the mount and rattle free.
Like it and I'm going to steal that idea.Thank you sir.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 06:09 AM   #218
danielweaver
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I saw the hood mount by Warrior for $79.99... I thought that was way too much for welded metal scraps.

Amazon.com: Hood Mount Kit For Hi-Lift Jack Warrior 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited TJl # 1540: Automotive

So, I made mine out of solid aluminum. There are pictures at the link below...

Daniel Weaver's Photos - Jeep | Facebook

If anyone is interested, we can make a pair for you for $100.00. They are sent to you as the raw aluminum, but with a little elbow grease they shine up really nice. It only takes about a week to make them and shipping will just be the postal "Flat rate" .. handling is included
danielweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #219
shu2kill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielweaver View Post
I saw the hood mount by Warrior for $79.99... I thought that was way too much for welded metal scraps.

Amazon.com: Hood Mount Kit For Hi-Lift Jack Warrior 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited TJl # 1540: Automotive

So, I made mine out of solid aluminum. There are pictures at the link below...

Daniel Weaver's Photos - Jeep | Facebook

If anyone is interested, we can make a pair for you for $100.00. They are sent to you as the raw aluminum, but with a little elbow grease they shine up really nice. It only takes about a week to make them and shipping will just be the postal "Flat rate" .. handling is included
so the Warrior ones are expensive @ $80, but then you want to sell your for $100??? i think the welded metal scrap ones work just as good....
shu2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #220
danielweaver
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The issue is, that if I am spending that kind of money I would rather spend a little more and get a heavy duty solid aluminum piece. I am not making money on these. This is made here in the US at a local tool and dye shop here in Michigan. I told him I would let people know about these. These custom pieces are way better than anything I could fabricate or buy. Just thought I would share... if you do not see how nice they are, then I am sorry.
danielweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #221
shu2kill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielweaver View Post
The issue is, that if I am spending that kind of money I would rather spend a little more and get a heavy duty solid aluminum piece. I am not making money on these. This is made here in the US at a local tool and dye shop here in Michigan. I told him I would let people know about these. These custom pieces are way better than anything I could fabricate or buy. Just thought I would share... if you do not see how nice they are, then I am sorry.
i see they are nice, buy way too expensive for what they are... just another high lift holder...

i made this for free (had the materials laying around), and it has been holding for almost 2 years now... plus it also holds my shovel, and you could put lights on it also...

shu2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #222
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I sell these via this forum and eBay - if you're curious, please PM Me and let me know:

More pictures on my Vendor thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/h...style-1009510/
bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #223
DaveinHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's mine. I just finished moving the jack mount lower on the carrier.
hpim1261.jpg   hpim1264.jpg  

- NRA Life Member - Licensed to Carry and Do.
DaveinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #224
2000jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Has any body mounted theres to the floor behind the front seats?
Unread 05-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #225
tealo951
1998 TJ Wrangler 

why would you want to do that? do you not have a back seat? lol just saying.. I usually always have friends in the back. lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.