High Lift Jack Mounting Location - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > High Lift Jack Mounting Location

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #196
MoCab
2006 TJ Wrangler 

For those with Warn tire carrier on TJ

Check out the slick Hi-Lift and Jerry Can mounts for Warn Tire Carrier made by

Durango4x4.com

MoCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #197
03TJJeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

anyone ever made one that goes along side the top of the roll bar?
03TJJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #198
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TJJeeper View Post
anyone ever made one that goes along side the top of the roll bar?
i would not want something like that hanging up over my head.....

1990 YJ Build
daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #199
Jblondie813
1994 YJ Wrangler 

hey guys...My husband just mounted the hi-lift to the old back-seat seat-belt holes...its solid and you cant see it from outside the jeep

The back closed up...You cant see the jack at all
1994 YJ 4.7L Stroker, 32" Coopers on 15"s, 7500 lb winch, 2" BL, Rugged Ridge Heavy Duty Tie rod & Drag link, Rancho steering stabilizer, RE steel braided brake hoses, on board air, heavy duty bumper & tire carrier...
2005 WK- Grand Cherokee Ltd w/4.7L V8
Jblondie813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #200
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblondie813 View Post
hey guys...My husband just mounted the hi-lift to the old back-seat seat-belt holes...its solid and you cant see it from outside the jeep

The back closed up...You cant see the jack at all
LOVE IT!

1990 YJ Build
daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #201
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cobbled together a hi-lift mount on my BESRK tire carrier out of 3" square tube. Nothing special, just some free scrap left over from my fence project.

A couple 1/2" grade 8 bolts hold the tube to the carrier, and three 1/2" grade 8 pan-head Allan bolts hold the jack to the mount. Why three? Because if I drop/lose one wing nut in the mud I'll have an extra.

The slight angle of the bolts relative to the long axis of the tube keeps one end of the jack base pressed against the mount and rattle free.
imgp4303r.jpg   imgp4311r.jpg   imgp4310r.jpg  
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #202
Adamlee78
2001 TJ Wrangler 

hi-lift/smittybilt

any ideas on mounting a Smittybilt 54" trail jack to the new Smittybilt XRC rear tire carrier for a TJ.

bumper- http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/81.htm
jack- http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/68.htm
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #203
jesseleikerjeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Just got mine up, don't really care for it, honestly. We'll see how I feel in a few days, but for now it's temporary until I can move it back to the Tire carrier.

jesseleikerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #204
TYLER_USCG
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i dont understand why people mount it on the outside of the jeep. i mean there is a list of reasons not to. i dont see the purpose other than it does look pretty sweet.
TYLER_USCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #205
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLER_USCG View Post
i dont understand why people mount it on the outside of the jeep. i mean there is a list of reasons not to. i dont see the purpose other than it does look pretty sweet.
Not much room on the inside of the Jeep.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #206
jesseleikerjeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLER_USCG View Post
My reason is my dog. When I go camping/light-wheeling, I have a girlfriend, a 30 pound dog (that requires a little moving room in the back), and than everything packed out in my ammo cans, which are mounted and don't move, a cooler for cans of beer....I mean soda, and the sleeping bags, tent, etc. in a military medical "drop" chest:

^$25.00 at the local army supply store. 2-sided (top/bottom) both water-tight, and this thing can be dropped from 100 yards out of a helicopter, so it will probably survive any terrain wheeling in the back of your jeep...

This means I have basically no room after you jam fishing poles, extra boots, waders, vests, tackle boxes, etc. in the back. If I had a family-style cage, I would probably out the hi-lift to the top-back of the cage bars, but with a sport cage, I just end up having to move the damn thing every time I open the tailgate. I strayed from the bumpers as I've seen them get hit/bent up or back there...and I'll probably hook it on my swing-out tire carrier after I get that finished...but for now: that's the best place to for it to always a) be loaded and b) be accessible without being an obstruction.

And also: it does look pretty sweet. lol.
Unread 01-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #207
RARECJ8

i like the drop can... I used to have all my gear in metal ammo cans of various sizes, then i saw the light, so to speak. Now i use soft sided bags for gear that allows for use of all available space, since the soft sided bags will cram down into and otherwise fill voids and the end result is more gear can be carries in less space and its much more efficient.

An external high lift is fine if out back and not in direct contact with the elements like in the front. I made up a water proof 'gator' for the moving parts of the jack to keep it all lubed and ready for action. High lift even sells a noeprene boot to cover and protect the vital parts of the jack.

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #208
jesseleikerjeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm going to pick up one of the boots when I get my "sleeve" to hold the handle where it's at!
Unread 02-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #209
tealo951
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered a neopren booty for the mechanisims so they be safe. if you look closely, the wing nut ont the pass side has a lock through the top of the bolts. so it's safe. when the things get here i'm takin it off and lubbing it and cleaning the rust that has been on it since i bought it last year. EXCITED! haha

Last edited by tealo951; 02-15-2010 at 09:43 PM..
tealo951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #210
crcj7
1986 CJ7 

ive got the biggest one and it is was a pain in the a$$ to mount ended up on the tire carrier on an angle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.