hey guys A/C question. help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > hey guys A/C question. help please

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
jeepboyy

hey guys A/C question. help please

hey guys its me again....im having problems with my A/C.....well lets get started

i have a 2002 jeep grand cherokee laredo v6 4 wheel drive....

1.the a/c when i turn it on blows out air but it is not cool at all it is hot air......
2. i checked freon and had somebody checked too....plenty of freon..thats not a problem....
3. the compressor does not engage when A/C is turned on

2 people told me it could be an eletrical problem...perhaps a relay or fuse.....
could it be that simple where i just replace the relay for the A/C clutch in the relay/fuse box, i think its number 38?.....

what do you guys think

jeepboyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
jeepboyy

Anybody
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
jeepboyy

Please
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
25greenwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What's the night side and low side pressure? More than likely if the fuses , relays, wires and everything else is good its probly the a/c clutch but it would have it checked for sure
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
jasonswelding
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Start with the fuse.

You could use a test light or meter to see if there is power to the clutch. If not start working backward to see where power is lost.

If the clutch doesn't engage there is no low side/high side, just static pressure.
jasonswelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Check the low side switch too
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.