Headlight haze - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Headlight haze

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #16
deadthugg
1998 ZJ 

Good. tips. need to do mine now

deadthugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #17
hooverdaddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I always use OFF insect repellent, my friends dad told me about it and I was so surprised it worked so well.
hooverdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #18
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
"you'll wonder where the yellow went, when you polish your lights with PEPSODENT"... HA
.... You Guys ain't going to believe this .. But that Slogan there .. My Mother was a Home Mech Teacher back in the 50's .
.. Later she was a DR. & over about 1/3 of the state of Texas ..
.. But back to the slogan .. She found a contest for the slogan .. So She got all her girls to enter a slogan .. On of her girl came up with that slogan. And WON the National Contest..
... Guess What, She got $50.00 For that Slogan. And you can bet they made Millions.. Kind of like the one hit wonders of the 50"s
... How many times can we use the word slogan in one STATEMENT!!
.. ENTER THAN INTO YOUR NEXT TRIVIA CONTEST!!!
papitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:12 AM   #19
WJDaddyTrick
2000 WJ 

Do you guys have a product called Brasso.
Brasso is a metal polish designed to remove tarnish from brass, copper, chrome and stainless steel.
I've used it loads of times on cd's to remove haze after polishing scratches out.
Works great to polish up the head light lenses too. Went from frosty white to nice and clear. Better ( faster) than tooth paste. If really bad use fine wet n dry first.
WJDaddyTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #20
TDIJeep

Hey you guys know that each of your wifes have a 3m scotchbrite pads under the kitchen sink no need to go to harbor freight and spend money. Makes sure your trickling water over the lens as you scrub just like wet sanding. If you really have it bad, try the no name brand toothpaste, but only after you have at least scrubbed the lens with water first. I had a customer that brought me in one of the 3M brand drill pieces to use. i get a better result without it. So I cleaned it my way and told the fellow to return it. He let me keep it, so I returned it and kept the $15.

If you dont like repeative scrubbing every month, then get lamin-x covers. Lamin-X for Jeep TJ 1997-2006

Glass lens dont melt on the inside which contributes to the yellow effect. If you scrub and they don't look clean use a hairdryer to remove the plastic lens and scrub the inside and out, reseal with black silicone. I don't suggest the use of a heat gun for your first time, as it will warp housings if used incorrectly.

Im suprised this wasn't covered already. The lamin-x is used by all sorts of street cars and trucks.

Last edited by TDIJeep; 02-17-2013 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: spelling
TDIJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
damessor92
2000 WJ 

use brasso and then a few coats of wax afterwards
damessor92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #22
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

ATF works great.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #23
jerrybaxter

Bought a Black and Decker buffer kit from Lowes -- $5.32 - comes with drill attachment, pads, etc.
Used the toothpaste treatment - works like a charm
jerrybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
ATrueRyno
2000 WJ 

if you want the best possible outcome and have the time and energy to finish it, the best way to go is wet sanding. hands down. sure, it takes a while and you have to use old fashioned elbow grease and can't use any power tools, but after the numerous headlights i've done it always comes out looking the best. I start with 1000 grit for about 30 minutes, then 1500, then finish with 2000. clean them really well after sanding and apply two coats of Meguiar's Plastx and you've got what looks like a brand new headlight. i actually just bought my sand paper and plastx last night at wally world to do this to the jeep I just got. I thought about making a write up on it, but i'm rather sure someone has already done it and posted it. plus this method will last a WHOLE lot longer rather than using those $20 products that make the lens clearer for a couple weeks then look like *** again.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.