Hand throttle - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Hand throttle

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #61
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Several of you ask what it's advantage.. I have one on my 1972 Bronco that has the 4BT cummins in it .. I have a Np435 trans .. I love my throttle it alows me to just cruise along in the pasture checking the cows finding the correct speed to look outside more. We also loved it in New Mexico hunting from 5K feet to 7250 ft ..When you drive 8 hours a day It's sure nice to have and not have to work your ankle.
... I bought mine from a Jeep 4x4 Magazine and I think it only cost about $30.00. Mine has a button on the side you can twist for lighter or harder pressure on the lever.

papitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #62
bobjenkins

cool
bobjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #63
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
Can i modify my cruise to act as a hand throttle (2006 lj)?

'06 LJ
.anyone mod the factory cruise to use it as a low speed hand throttle type control?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #64
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

found this kit on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TeraFlex-Han...0798d6&vxp=mtr
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
ChrisNukemYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #65
vizro
1997 TJ Wrangler 

cheap and looks good
vizro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #66
Derk6976
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bump
Derk6976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #67
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Old cars and trucks used to come from the factory with hand throttles. I have a 1949 chevy truck that has a hand throttle. Is just like a choke cable. Used to keep the rpms up to warm up, idle up, or to operate a power take off unit off the transmission, such as to operate a hydraulic pump to lift a dump bed.

I used to put the truck in granny low gear and throttle up to walking speed and walk along side the truck/trailer when hauling hay. Saves labor! No need to have one person to drive the truck. Although previous to being able to tote and toss bales, I was the driver. Btw, when you are 8 and can't reach the pedals, a hand throttle works great to give it gas.
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #68
PFS

1984 CJ7 

Right, lots of uses in the old days and they put 'em on trucks as late as 1974. We have a '74 Bronco with a factory hand throttle, and it's great. That's really funny about the 8 year old. When my son was 10 he could barely reach the gas pedal on my CJ, and it had a bit of a sticky throttle at tip in. So we'd be in a big mud puddle and he'd push it...nothing...push harder...nothing...push harder yet...POW! 325 hp making four giant rooster tails with a 10 year old behind the wheel looks pretty cool.
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #69
RICEKILA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaho View Post
Looks like they're sink clips, used on the underside of a sink to snug it down into the countertop cutout. No, I don't need any.

Tom
Thats because it is - I have the cheap sheet metel kind
sink-wedge.jpg  
RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.