Good mods for under $100 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Good mods for under $100

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #16
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
What is PORC? I got my RE BB at flag 4x4 because my buddy with a Tacoma was putting his 2.5" lift on before a big trip and I wanted one too and I had to have it NOW...$279.00+tax. Ouch! I couldn't find any good gear shops in town, and Flag4x4 wanted $875.00 to only re-gear the front and they have a terrible rep. from people I know who have had serious work done by them. On the one hand the guy who is always there, the owner I presume, sold his Jeep. I imagine because of the buisness not being so hot. Now he drives an 80's pontiac car of som sort...Kind of feel bad for the guy but you cant charge that much, treat people like they are retarded and then do shotty work on top of it. We need a little 4Wheelers Supply up here badly. Flag4x4 won't sell me rear swaybar links becasue "most good lifts dont come with them and a lot of guys just throw the rear swaybar away." I mean come on an do a little buisness for cryin out loud. He could even overcharge me and I would pay 'cause the stock plastic ones are crap and aren't too cheap either. Not to turn this into a Flag4x4 sucks thread, but nobody should buy parts from any vendor like this. It already costs enough to buy things for the Jeep anyway.
PORC is http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/
I saw that Jeep at the lot on Route 66.
BTW, do NOT remove your rear swaybar. The Jeep WILL be unsafe (IMO) on the road. Extended links are available.

Unread 11-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #17
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR
PORC is http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/
I saw that Jeep at the lot on Route 66.
BTW, do NOT remove your rear swaybar. The Jeep WILL be unsafe (IMO) on the road. Extended links are available.

Yeah, I know. I have never driven on two wheels before he told me that. The drivers side lifted off during a quick left turn from a stop in Phx. I almost had to change my pants after that. I put it back on immediately, but am missing one link. I cant find just links anywhere, although I should have done it by now. It sucks big time. Thanks to DC I have plastic ones stock I also hate the way it feels off road, all tippy. I want some nice metal links in rear and an anti-rock up front after my stuntman style turn into the Tempe Bank of America. I always tell people about that when I see a "Disco the rear" thread. Terrible advise he gave me, especially since we have the exact same Jeep, 2005 X. Well we used to. I still have mine.
Unread 11-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #18
Materdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wired FM Modulator - $40 - listen to tunes other than the radio (no casette or cd player for me, I don't want it stolen)

Flip Rear View Mirror upside down - free - makes view better

Clutch over-ride switch - $5 - I like to have a switch, some permanently disable their clutch safety switch, but I'm still too afraid of accidentally trying to start while still in gear. I've never even tried, but why not be safe rather than sorry. Plus, switches are cool!

Air Horn - $50 - If you have OBA (definitely more than $100), this add-on is a very fun sub-$100 thing...
MyJeepRocks
Materdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #19
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Chop that bumper -- Free if you have the tools:

Watching Ebay, you can piece together a CB set-up for close to $100. I think I have a little over $100 in mine.

Hella Driving Lights -- Appx. $70

Hockey Puck Seat Lift -- $8 in pucks and about $7 in hardware.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bumper hoop for aux lights -$59
Arm rests - $39
If you have long legs- BigBoy brackets- $60
RoundEyes headlight conversion- $99
Map light - $10

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #21
azcoyote

Guess it depends on what you already have. I am partial to a skid for the front diff cover. Jeeperman one is pretty cool.
Unread 11-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #22
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcoyote
Guess it depends on what you already have. I am partial to a skid for the front diff cover. Jeeperman one is pretty cool.
A steering box skid plate is probably a good idea too

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
Unread 11-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #23
UnlimitedFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materdaddy
Clutch over-ride switch - $5 - I like to have a switch, some permanently disable their clutch safety switch, but I'm still too afraid of accidentally trying to start while still in gear. I've never even tried, but why not be safe rather than sorry. Plus, switches are cool!
I know I've seen a write up for this, but have lost the link. Anyone have a link to a write up???

Blue & Silver '94 K1500 Suburban (Grocery Getter)
UnlimitedFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #24
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoki04
Pull your carpet... Free
Sell your carpet on eBay... You get $$$ (I got $35 for my carpet and it was not new at all)
Herculiner kit... $100

Take the money from selling your carpet and use that towards the herc kit and you will be under a $100. Plus pepboys sometimes has it for $70 after a $30 rebate. You will be happy you did that!!!
i got $160 for my carpet

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #25
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedFun
I know I've seen a write up for this, but have lost the link. Anyone have a link to a write up???
i thought it was a free mod

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
Unread 11-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #26
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Uniden 520XL CB Radio ($60) and a FireStik/cable kit ($28).
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Thunderstrike is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #27
Materdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedFun
Not really a write-up, but here's a wiring diagram courtesy of www.webejeepin.com:

Here's a link to the page with his text (not a write-up):

http://www.webejeepin.com/Techtips.htm

If you have any questions, let me know. I've done it. It's only for a 97, as the other year TJs you can just put a fuse in a slot. I guess you could find the wire and add a simple single pole single throw switch, which is even easier.
MyJeepRocks
Materdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #28
UnlimitedFun

I remember seeing this write up and thinking I could adapt it for my '06. Thanks for the link reminder.

Blue & Silver '94 K1500 Suburban (Grocery Getter)
UnlimitedFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 06:14 AM   #29
keoki04
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzntzhellfire
i got $160 for my carpet
Wow, that would have been nice... Mine was in pretty rough shape... I was kind of surprised to see it go on eBay...

Yeah, CB is another good idea. Watch eBay!!! I paid under $40 shipped for a Cobra CB and antenna. Works great!
Other mods to come...

My crazy dog!

Clicky You've gotta love days like this at work! Yes, I threw it...Clicky
keoki04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #30
fyrfyter43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
Yeah, I know. I have never driven on two wheels before he told me that. The drivers side lifted off during a quick left turn from a stop in Phx. I almost had to change my pants after that. I put it back on immediately, but am missing one link. I cant find just links anywhere, although I should have done it by now. It sucks big time. Thanks to DC I have plastic ones stock I also hate the way it feels off road, all tippy. I want some nice metal links in rear and an anti-rock up front after my stuntman style turn into the Tempe Bank of America. I always tell people about that when I see a "Disco the rear" thread. Terrible advise he gave me, especially since we have the exact same Jeep, 2005 X. Well we used to. I still have mine.
Uhmmm...you do realize that since you only have one link that your rear swaybar still isn't doing any good, right? Both links need to be connected.
fyrfyter43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.