forever black question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-31-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
crawlr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

forever black question

I bought myself a bottle over winter. Now that the weather is nice I decided to use it. It worked great for a week. Today I noticed that the forever black is actually chipping off my fenders. I can run my fingernail over the fender and the forever black chips off. Any possible reasons as to why this is happening or is there anyone else that has had this happen to them?

/l ,[____],
l---L –OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_) 98 TJ (Crawlr) ax15trans,3.73gears,32/10.5/15 super swampers,2.5" coil lift,1"body lift,1"motor mount lift,lots of body armour
86 cj7 (havent figured out a name yet) 4" leaf lift,33/12.5/15 bfg at ko's,im getting him in the spring!!! i cant wait!!! ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Rigged

Crazy question but did it ever freeze where it was stored over the winter? Just a thought.

Were your fenders clean? I know with certain types of paint you need to use an ammonia based cleaner on it first. Forever Black is more like a dye though isn't it?

-Kyle
post #3 of 6 Old 03-31-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
crawlr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Forever black is a dye. I think I know how this happened. Before I put the forever on i used clay bar to clean my entire jeep including the fenders. I think that’s why the forever didn’t work. Do you think I’m on to something?

/l ,[____],
l---L –OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_) 98 TJ (Crawlr) ax15trans,3.73gears,32/10.5/15 super swampers,2.5" coil lift,1"body lift,1"motor mount lift,lots of body armour
86 cj7 (havent figured out a name yet) 4" leaf lift,33/12.5/15 bfg at ko's,im getting him in the spring!!! i cant wait!!! ;)

post #4 of 6 Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 AM
BilliardJK
2015 JK Wrangler 

Forever Black worked excellent on the fenders of previous vehicle. They were seriously faded. It was especially noticable after I had to replace one. And just a heads up, permanent marker does not work... yeah.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-09-2009, 11:06 AM
HD_JEEP
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

I used rattle can

I used rattle can plastic paint buy Dupont on my flares on my TJ and they looked brand new for about 4 years. Hardest part was the removing them the installing them. I did scuff them with a scotch pad and made sure the surface was clean.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Tooch81

Clean the surface and make sure it has something to grip to. If you have a dirty smooth surface all you are doing is coating it. YOu need something to stick to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.