Emmissions Testing - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-04-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
themajor

Emmissions Testing

Last year my 93 YJ 2.5L Failed miserabily, $600 later and no emmissions Sensors involved, it passed. A 4cylinder!!!!!. This morning I filled up with regular, put a half quart of denatured Alcohol (from the hardware store, $5.00) drove 25 miles and went to have it inspected. Between the test person and the mamager there was a discussion of why the emmission results were so low. I passed with flying colors, almost zero emmissions. The Alcohol burns hotter and burns more of the gasses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-07-2004, 03:27 PM
BIGJMCCONNELL
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by themajor
Last year my 93 YJ 2.5L Failed miserabily, $600 later and no emmissions Sensors involved, it passed. A 4cylinder!!!!!. This morning I filled up with regular, put a half quart of denatured Alcohol (from the hardware store, $5.00) drove 25 miles and went to have it inspected. Between the test person and the mamager there was a discussion of why the emmission results were so low. I passed with flying colors, almost zero emmissions. The Alcohol burns hotter and burns more of the gasses.

Now that is a great idea! Too bad I can't pass the test no matter what it reads because I have a Ford engine

1977 CJ-7 with Ford 302 engine
2.5 inch springs Matkins Frame with 1.5 inch body lift and all Fiberglass body D30/M20 w/3.54 gears, Moser 1-piece and Rear Aussie Locker, Jeep T-18w/Dana 20 and 35" tires Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, 6 point roll cage, OBA and a bunch of other stuff.
MY RIG
post #3 of 4 Old 09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Okay guys if you want a debate on air pollution and emissions testing, take to PM's. He put the idea out there and it's up to the individual to decide if it's right or wrong.

If you want a open discussion on that, use General Discussion.

93 Sport
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy............Ben Franklin

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
post #4 of 4 Old 10-01-2004, 06:37 PM
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

This site does not condone any tricks that would bypass any states regulatory laws against pollution controls.

If your system will not pass inspection I urge you to please look into a cheap cat or other troubleshooting that would help you legally pass the emissions testing. As a member pointed out, it's never fun to be on a trail behind the guy creating his own smoke screen.

Please don't pollute.

93 Sport
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy............Ben Franklin

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.