easy engine cool off - some welding required - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > easy engine cool off - some welding required

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
haloperformance
1991 XJ Cherokee 

easy engine cool off - some welding required

Like most xj owners mine ran warm. And since mine is trail only, the only speed it gets is while on my trailer. To keep the engine a little cooler while crawling, i took the louvered steel off a generator about to be scrapped and cut out a 2' strip of my hood and welded if top to bottom. I cut out almost 6 square feet of my hood and welded this on and spray painted it. Its not pretty, but kept me cool on a 90* wheeling trip.

1991 XJ: 35"s, 4:56s 5.5"LA lift, stretched, locked, skids, caged, high steer, spray paint. I think it was stock at one point.
<-1978 CJ5 parts - click on my classified
haloperformance is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.