Easy/Cheap Head Liner Tricks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Easy/Cheap Head Liner Tricks

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
2000LiftedCSE

Easy/Cheap Head Liner Tricks

Head liner is falling in the Jeep and been looking around for cheap solutions. If anybody has any please let me know and i got OCD so final result has to look good. LOL

2000LiftedCSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Get some 3m spray adhesive. Its basically what auto shops use to install headliners. Ive done three vehicles with good success with it. Very easy to use, but a little pricey. When I did them, I also got some new headliner (basically just a nice, thick fabric I found at a fabric store) to replace the factory stuff with. I had a buick that I put suede in.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
2000LiftedCSE

Thanks! Yeah i been looking for some cool fabric to replace the old factory with,but nothing has caught my eye yet
2000LiftedCSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Use CRC spray adhesive. I don't think NAPA or similar stores carry it, but most dealerships do through their parts departments. I bought some to redo my pickups liner a couple months ago, I think I paid like $9 for a can.

If you read the back of the cans of most spray adhesives they'll say not for use with headliners. They'll hold up a few months or a year or so at best, but they suck for long term.

Once you pull it you need to remove the old foam. If it's and older vehicle you may be lucky and be able to simply vacuum it off with a hose and brush attachment. If not a wire brush works well. After that you want to spray both the board and the fabric and let them sit apart about 5 minutes. The glue will dry enough that it won't leave handprints in the new fabric but will still get a solid hold and last years.

Unread 08-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
lxxtsy

here's ya go http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/4...ehicle-821160/
lxxtsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
MarlboroWrangle

x2 on the 3m spray... just make sure its the "headliner" can... ive heard 50/50 reviews on the 70 strength. 90 strength may be great also (3m's cans are numbered)
MarlboroWrangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Straight-6
1996 ZJ 

Straight-6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.