Dummy Guide-Putting Hole Vents in Hood - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Dummy Guide-Putting Hole Vents in Hood

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 03-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #31
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadetastic View Post
Will do, went to the army surplus store today and they didn't have any large 120mm or 81mm tall/short mortar boxes so I'll have to wait till the gun show next month-
Why wait when there are some on eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #32
Wetnut21
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7

And don't forget your "strategically framed" cleavage shots. I mean, who wears low-cut thin t-shirts in a shop scenario while welding, grinding, etc?
Hahahahahahaha. Yes.. How convienent of the cleavage to just happen to be in the pictures! I guess that goes witb the saying, "If you've got it, flaunt it."
Wetnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #33
Jadetastic
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetnut21

Hahahahahahaha. Yes.. How convienent of the cleavage to just happen to be in the pictures! I guess that goes witb the saying, "If you've got it, flaunt it."
Wow- I totally missed this comment! Lol as u would know- I got off work grabbed a 2day old T-shirt & adidas sweats off the floor and threw it on- my bad would u prefer a baggy shirt? Lol I'll note that next time. I guess I should off grab something out of our over-issued military junk pile in the garage, But my bad

besides 34dd is hard to prevent cleavage- hey it was my present to myself after a Kuwait deployment, aiding Kuwaitis how to build things to US standards. Can u blame me? Seeing that they don't like female bosses

On another topic- I do try my hardest to fit in with boys- it's just harder to do but add on a couple belches/farts + jokes then I'm almost there
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #34
Wetnut21
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadetastic View Post
Wow- I totally missed this comment! Lol as u would know- I got off work grabbed a 2day old T-shirt & adidas sweats off the floor and threw it on- my bad would u prefer a baggy shirt? Lol I'll note that next time. I guess I should off grab something out of our over-issued military junk pile in the garage, But my bad

besides 34dd is hard to prevent cleavage- hey it was my present to myself after a Kuwait deployment, aiding Kuwaitis how to build things to US standards. Can u blame me? Seeing that they don't like female bosses

On another topic- I do try my hardest to fit in with boys- it's just harder to do but add on a couple belches/farts + jokes then I'm almost there
My over issued military junk pile doesn't have the same affect as yours would! If you can Dutch oven your husband, I think your on the right track..
Wetnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #35
kelti819
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Has anyone noticed a reduced temp from this or is it solely for looks? i like it but want want to add some more airflow to the engine bay.
kelti819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #36
Indy

I'd call it primarily cosmetic. It will help with underhood temps but it's not likely to be a make or break mod if you're running hot. The engine compartment on a jeep isn't tightly sealed to begin with and the best way to pull real heat out would be venting the top of the hood and not the sides.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #37
scottywags
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm not mistaken Stogie had a large reduction in under hood temps.
scottywags is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #38
Emmet
2007 JK Wrangler 

I don't post much yet, and have only been a member since last June, but I no doubt speak for the vast majority here when I say Don't discourage her!
Emmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #39
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Cleavage makes me pay more attention to "how to" threads.
Great write up.
Unread 03-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #40
scottywags
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm thats funny, cleavage makes me not pay attention to anything except cleavage! I'm sorry...so you were saying what?
scottywags is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #41
Skytard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, u guys should really just drop the cleavage thing.
Unread 03-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #42
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottywags View Post
If I'm not mistaken Stogie had a large reduction in under hood temps.
Using my Scangauge II I saw on average a 30degree drop in intake temperature.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #43
TJnProgress
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Great write up! Another project to add to the "some day" list.
TJnProgress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #44
kelti819
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogie25 View Post
Using my Scangauge II I saw on average a 30degree drop in intake temperature.
sweet that is what i am looking for. i dont have a temp issue but would like to have a little more airflow under there. i was looking at some other options and i like this the most. thanks for the responses.
kelti819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #45
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good Jade. I may consider doing this myself since I need to repaint my hood anyway. Of course with my luck, I'd end up making it so that it whistles when I reach 60 mph.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.