Doors... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Doors...

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
Jleming
1996 ZJ 

Doors...

Probably a simple process, but I just got my first jeep and im wondering how to take off the doors, its a 96 jeep grand cherokee laredo, suggestions??

Jleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
PeejPilot
2003 TJ Wrangler 

no idear- on wranglers, theres a retaining nut under the hinge that you remove, then on older ones that havent had the doors removed youll likely have to use a hydraulic jack or something similar to help push the pins up through the hinge. good luck with that, i just looked up some pictures of a laredo...
PeejPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
tinktinkTJ

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I had 2 97 GCs. Unless you have to take the doors off to replace the pins or bushings, I wouldn't bother removing them. They are a real pita, and they weigh a ton. There are some mods you can do to make the door hinges to make them removable(like wranglers). IMHO its really not worth it, although some people with disagree.

Edit: I don't know of any zj door hinges that have been modified to be removable. Only xj hinges.
tinktinkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I havent seen a ZJ hinge personally, but it shouldnt be that hard to mod.

Post up some pics of your hinges.

You could always unbolt them too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.