door hangers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > door hangers

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-14-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
mdeesnuts

door hangers

Made some half door hangers yesterday. Works well, cheap, and it's nice to have them out of the way and safe. Requires exposed studs in wall (see pics).

This is much cheaper and easier than mine, but I didn't have eyebolts laying around like the stuff I made mine from and I was bored.

Supplies:
1 - 2x4 (2.5' minimum)
8 - 3" wood screws
16 - 1" wood screws (anything 1/4" and above will do)
4 - flat steel mounting plates w/ holes
1 - drill
1 - 5/16" wood drill bit
1 - wood saw

Finished product

plus jeep pic

Cut 2x4 into 13" to 15" sections.
Drill parallel holes on each side of both pieces at the very edge.
Screw mounting plates over sides that the holes go down for support and you get this.

Now screw the 2x4 into the stud w/ the 3" screws and hang your doors.

A couple of close ups

As you can see the driver's side door doesn't slide completely into the holes, but it works. A drill press would've been great.

I took lots more pics, but figured that was enough. Ask if you want more.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.