Does anyone know how to remove paint from Soft top plastic windows? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Does anyone know how to remove paint from Soft top plastic windows?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Snowblur
2008 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone know how to remove paint from Soft top plastic windows?

This is my first post on here so if I screw up certain procedures sorry in advance. Anyway I just bought my first Jeep (2008 Wrangler X) and so far I love it. I am starting to customize it and was wondering how to get paint off of the soft top plastic windows. The previous owner spray painted the inside of the back window black rendering the rear view mirror useless. Any tips to get this window mack clear? Paint thinner? Scraper? Your help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Snowblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty much anything you use is going to leave a mark. The paint probably already has. You can try denatured alcohol and a microfiber cloth and let it sit and don't use too much pressure. Once you get the paint off, some Novus plastic polish should get rid of some of the haze
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Snowblur
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, I'll give it a try
Snowblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Try grafitti remover from walmart. Worked good for me on multiple surfaces without any damage. Just a thought.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
MrMud
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Laquer Thinner, walmart sells it.
MrMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
MarlboroWrangle

just be careful, the solvent based stuff may cause some clouding where you use it because of the chemicals

have you tried goo-gone?
MarlboroWrangle is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.