detachable exhaust extension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > detachable exhaust extension

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
WJlover
1999 WJ 

detachable exhaust extension

havent done it yet, because i need a little guidance.

but heres the plan. when i bought my WJ i did some exhaust work, and it left me with a long section of old exhaust pipe thats just hanging around in the garage.
my plan, is to find a way to set up a quick and easy method of attaching it to my tailpipe, and easily detaching.
it would be an innovation for water fording and such. so you dont have to worry about killing the engine and then having water flow up the exhaust.
so basically it would be like a humvee exhaust.
but the attach point needs to be water tight but not permanent.

any ideas?

WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.