Defroster duct hose - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Defroster duct hose

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
JaShar1976
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Defroster duct hose

Hey all i am curious as to if anyone has any ideas on what could be used to replace the defroster duct hose under my dash that goes up to the window vents... I have a 95 yj, and can not find one any where... I thought about taking a two liter pop bottle and cutting to fit then just silicone around to eliminate any air flow leaking around...

Cheers

JaShar1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
StLMIKEY81
1980 CJ7 

Maybe some dryer vent tubes from a local hardware store? Just an idea. I have to replace mine on my cj and that's what I have been thinking.
StLMIKEY81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
JaShar1976
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I too have thought that, i have to get a small piece to see if it will fit though not sure if it is big enough for my yj...
Unread 09-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
outdoorguy86
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLMIKEY81 View Post
Maybe some dryer vent tubes from a local hardware store? Just an idea. I have to replace mine on my cj and that's what I have been thinking.
I tried to go that route. I couldnt get the sizing right. Ended up biting the bullet and buying the replacement from quadratec
Colorado Jeep Club Member #2086

[COLOR="black"] /l , [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [____],
l---L---OlllllllO-[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)=[COLOR="Yellow"]@[/COLOR]=)_)

[COLOR="Cyan"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/nicks-83-cj7-frame-off-build-1360039/"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
outdoorguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
JaShar1976
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I actually bought the 5 inch aluminum dryer duct hose. I cut about a four inch length of it then cut it completely down one side. Siliconed around the top and bottom, and along the cut i made then wrapped it into place and then fastened it into place with two hose clamps... It seems to be working well...
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #6

Try one of those empty tall beer cans and the clamp method. You'll have a little wiggle room and it'll bend and still allow air flow.
416469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

also, as to putting the seams together, there is a metal chrome tape that actually will seal a leaky exhaust muffler, so you can imagine how well it works on heater ducting.. some of that dryer vent exhaust tube is just too thin, it melts..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.