Death Wobble fix - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Death Wobble fix

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
MJeep13
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Death Wobble fix

Anyone know how to fix it???

MJeep13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Entire list of everything that can cause death wobble:

-Front tires out of balance
-Front alignment out of spec
-Loose track bar
-Worn track bar bushings
-Worn track bar end
-Worn track bar bolt hole on axle
-Needing an adjustable track bar
-Bad bushings/joints in control arms
-Worn/damaged steering stabilizer
-Worn/damaged shocks
-Worn/damaged tie rod end
-Bad U Joint
-Bad ball joint
-Loose track bar frame mount
-Worn track bar frame mount
-Steering box looseness
-Driveshaft(s) not balanced
-Bad front hub assembly
-Bent axle housing

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
ROKNDJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep drives fine until certain speeds and then it shakes like crazy until I either speed up or slow down. I've got a small list with 31" tires. I'm new to this as I just got my first jeep last week.

Any idea what they shake may be? I figured I'd start by getting a rotation and balance. Would the wheels shake all the time if out of balance?
ROKNDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Dewster196
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What speeds do you feel the shaking? wheels out of balance seem to be around 45-50 then again around 65.
Unread 09-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
ROKNDJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I feel it around 40-50 MPH. Since I have a 4 banger I dont get above 65mph...lol.
ROKNDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #6
jonifun
1998 ZJ 

CASTOR ANGLE NEEDS ADJUSTING
Set it to 6.5 degrees back from vertical. If this strains your prop joint lower the transmission.
jonifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
01laredodirtyDW

What's up I'm new to this but now I have same old story need good advice ...
I live in baltimore MD I bought a 2001 grand cheerokee Laredo with 3 inch lift and 3 inch spacers about a year ago now I have that damn DW ( death wobble ) now I took it to shop to get it diagnosed and fixed and a partly there telling me they can't fix it without replacing all front end parts
Well they've so far replaced
all front end tie rods
The sleeve
New track bar
Upper controll arms
Lower control arms
New steering stabilzer
Now I have taken jeep to alligment at jeep dealership drove 2 or 3 miles and hit a sewer head and BAAAAAMMMMM there it went again so now I headed straight to shop and they tell me I was suppose to get another paper from algment beings I only had receipt also that he can't help me without paperwork.????? So I go back to algignment place and he will due it in morning again so I get numbers now while I'm there what should I tell this fat mofo what to do to tire alignment if he doesn't tipacally know??? Please help if you know what to do then please advise me in right direction

Thank you for you time
01laredodirtyDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.