dash help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > dash help please

Happy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 CenterHalloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 10-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
andrew65065
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dash help please

I am taking entire dash out and have a problem on passenger side. im not sure if im missing more screws or what. it seems like only place that isnt loose is behind the grab handle. am i missing something and also will dash come out and leave the airbag in place? someone please help. thanks

andrew65065 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
0llll0
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Aftrer the glove box is out there should be two bolts holding the grab bar on. Reach up inside right behind the grab bar an you should be able to locate the bolts. (one on each side where the bar meets the dash) Mine are 10mm on my 2001 TJ. Remove these two nuts and the grab bar should come out. Also I have taken my dash out before and never had any problems with the airbag. Hope it helps.
0llll0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
andrew65065
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ok thanks. that what i was wondering if the airbag stays in dash after taking it all out. someone tried telling me the airbag stays connected to the back of dash and i thought that wasnt the case
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
0llll0
2001 TJ Wrangler 

honestly i cant remember if the airbag comes out or not, either way i've never had a problem with it. Hope yours goes the same. Are you painting your dash or some other mod?
Unread 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
andrew65065
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ya painting it flat black. i just did the led dash lights in blue and thought i might as well paint now too
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
0llll0
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, i did that to mine this summer also. Unfortunately mine started chipping already, so i'm going to start over and use dupli-color bed armor. It says it wont chip or flake. It has a very fine texture to it so it won't be like the rhino lining or hurculiner. I'm hoping that it will work better than the paint I used. Hope you don't have the same problem. Good luck with it.
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
0llll0
2001 TJ Wrangler 

P.S.
If you get a chance you should take a pic of the led lights, i have been thinking about doing that also. Was it a pain to do and how expensive was it. Thanks
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
andrew65065
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i cant post pics for some reason but ill pm you with pics. i got the blue lights and they turned out better than i thought. ill email them to ya
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
0llll0
2001 TJ Wrangler 

alright, thanks
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #10

Make sure you disconnect the battery first
416469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
andrew65065
2000 TJ Wrangler 

after fighting with the airbag for hours i couldnt get it out so i gave up and painted dash while in jeep. thanks for the help everyone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.