This could get you out of a jam (fuel pump trick) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > This could get you out of a jam (fuel pump trick)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!3" BDS Suspension Lift Kit - Jeep JK 07-11Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
Mikey37
2005 KJ Liberty 

This could get you out of a jam (fuel pump trick)

My first job as a gas jockey had given me some info that saved me from being stuck with a dead/dying fuel pump. A few weeks ago my jeep wouldn't start and I couldn't hear my fuel pump working at all so I go under my fuel tank at the back with a rubber handled screwdriver and had my wife turn the key to the pre ignition position. When I thought the pump should be whirring I started to lightly tap the area where the pump is (usually the deepest part of your tank) and it buzzed back to life. I can't say this would work for everyone .. if your pump is dead .. it's dead but I am still running on the same pump weeks later and it's showing no signs of dying again. Just something that could save you from the mud hole your stuck in and get you home without a tow truck.

Unread 08-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #2
ElDuderino762

X2 on that, I use that trick regulalry to get vehicles into the shop when they come in on a hook. However, me personally, I wouldn't keep driving on it. It's probably going to pick the most inconvenient time possible to go out again, and that time will be for good.
ElDuderino762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.