cool stuff cheap seat covers and tool pockets - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-27-2007, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
abbe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 5
cool stuff cheap seat covers and tool pockets

want to add some pockets for loose stuff ?? go to your local thrift /goodwill store and find some old military coats. we found 4 sets for $3.00 ea . cut the large velcro pockets out of them and fold over the top and sheet metal screw to the tail gate door or wherever. they fold flat when empty and expand when full of "stuff" . we used the leftover to upolster the counsole and the sleeves to wrap the roll bars. this stuff repells water and wears like iron. we got the vietnam green but saw some desert storm sand also. cheap way to dress up and keep the military heritage in mind ! pics later.

abbe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 PM
ToothlessJoe
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 36
I know this was posted a while ago, but I really like this idea!
ToothlessJoe is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 03-09-2013, 11:00 AM
nismo_2005
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: logan
Posts: 248
Yeah i would also like pics
nismo_2005 is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM
lanky14TJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eri
Posts: 93
Yes, sounds really sweet. Please get some pics posted up when you can !
lanky14TJ is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
MyKeyB
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 300
The original post is from 2007. Probably not going to see any pics. I do like the idea though.
MyKeyB is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM
nismo_2005
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: logan
Posts: 248
Well there is a army surplus store about 30 minutes from my house i may have to see what they have and give this a try
nismo_2005 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 PM
AF-Jeff
Registered User
1979 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tucson
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbe View Post
want to add some pockets for loose stuff ?? go to your local thrift /goodwill store and find some old military coats. we found 4 sets for $3.00 ea . cut the large velcro pockets out of them and fold over the top and sheet metal screw to the tail gate door or wherever. they fold flat when empty and expand when full of "stuff" . we used the leftover to upolster the counsole and the sleeves to wrap the roll bars. this stuff repells water and wears like iron. we got the vietnam green but saw some desert storm sand also. cheap way to dress up and keep the military heritage in mind ! pics later.
I know a guy who used his jacket to cover his drivers seat. looks awesome and some are designed to not rip.
AF-Jeff is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 10-08-2013, 11:43 PM
nismo_2005
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: logan
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-Jeff View Post

I know a guy who used his jacket to cover his drivers seat. looks awesome and some are designed to not rip.
Got any pics?
nismo_2005 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 10-09-2013, 09:10 PM
AF-Jeff
Registered User
1979 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tucson
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_2005 View Post
Got any pics?
Nope but next time I see his jeep I'll take one. He is probably somewhere on this sight.
AF-Jeff is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 AM
nismo_2005
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: logan
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-Jeff View Post

Nope but next time I see his jeep I'll take one. He is probably somewhere on this sight.
Thanks I appreciate it
nismo_2005 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Cheap Cool Mods WranglerConway Cheap Tricks & Fixes 1363 06-16-2016 12:43 AM
seat glovers seat covers Jay12 Street Jeep Forum 3 04-21-2010 08:54 PM
Cell phone repeater/amplifier, cool stuff for the boondocks Jerry Bransford Audio, CB & Ham Radios, GPS, & Electrical 14 08-24-2008 07:55 PM
Cheap yet cool Winch Cover (with Jeep monogram) Dave Taylor Cheap Tricks & Fixes 1 03-09-2006 07:27 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome