Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cool Fun Mods

10K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  schitzangiggles 
#1 ·
Ok im new to this forum. I couldnt figure out to post (dont make fun of me haha) I have a 97 wrangler 4.0l and im so happy because i just bought 33s and a 4" lift. I also have a brand new RC 2.2 series 2.5" lift i want to sell because i have the 4" now, but i love my jeep, like everyone on this forum, im really looking for some really cool mods. Im sure you get this post all the time, but i want to be different. All the jeeps at my school are... well... ugly haha maybe a couple with 31s but as of now im one of them and thats why im trying to get away and be different and have the best over all looking jeep. I want it to look high with flat fender flares and i want to get rid of the side steps because they make it look lower. Any ideas on some cool jeep tricks (i like the rear seat rack idea), and please dont tell me to make angry eyes. I want some sweet but not to hard mods lol Thanks!!!

#3 ·
^ +1 on what he said. None of what you want to do will matter in the long run. once you graduate, you be surprised how many of em you talk you. No to be a downer. Save your money. You'll be happy u did. If you want to spend money. new bumpers, tires and lift will do you good.

#4 ·
Read.. read lots, do tonnes of research. Buy a Hanes manual, it's the bible for TJ owners, and look at the threads "I did this for 100$ or less" or "Cheap Cool Mods", tonnes of insight.

#5 ·
No I dont care what they think i just want to have the best over all looking jeep. I just need something to do with my free time and figured that a cool edition to the jeep would be fun. I love doing stuff to the jeep and was just looking for some cool mods i could do like over the weekend when im bored

#7 ·
Have to agree with the replies on the thread. Save your money, it sucks but I think most of us have been in that situation. Also do a lot of research on parts before you buy them. I saved myself a lot of money and gotten a better quality product in the end. Both times I bought the products from a small shop that I found using this forum.

Plus get with some local jeep guys and see what you like/dislike about what they did. Take all the things you like and make the jeep your own.

There are small thing you can do to make your jeep look different. You mentioned removing the steps, do it. Also take your chrome headlight bezels, scrub them with a little sand paper to scuff them up and spray them black.

I am not too far away from you in Fairfax so if you need a jeep to look at for I am sure you can find things you like and dislike and I can show you what I did. I do plan on flat fender flares soon as well so you can see if those are what you want pr if you want to do an entire flare replacement. Plus if you do plan in a degree on engineering I can tell you what EE was like.

#8 ·
If you have a good driveline shop, some tools, and a weekend to spend get some tons, double triangulate the rear, long 3 link front, and run 38+ rubber. Best jeep at school!

No need to lift higher just cut sheet metal, save the real roll cage build for next weekend(tough to swap axles and build a cage in a weekend)

#11 ·
take a grinder to the sheet metal to get more room for tires and flex,
get you some rattle cans of camouflage paint have fun in your jeep and don't worry about the poser look
x2... this took me 2 weekends and about $75 worth of Rustoleum rattle cans, sanding materials and pizza.... The great thing is it's only primer so if I scratch it on the trail I just paint over the scratch.

Attachments

#13 ·
Kuntry that is bad a$$ looking!!! Ive got to get some of those flatty flares too! Are those 6" wide? nice job

#14 ·
Thanks y'all for the compliments! They're the Xenon flats (6"). Believe it or not I got them free! Was in an accident 2 days after I bought the Jeep and the butt-ugly flares that were on there before were discontinued so the ins company had to buy me a whole set... and they let me decide what I wanted! :highfive: If I can find a pic of the old ones I'll post it up... and possibly ruin your appetite.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.