chip enhancer ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > chip enhancer ??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
satgdave
2005 KJ Liberty 

http://www.gfchips.com/jeepliberty.aspx

Anyone know or have tried this.. does it do anything if it can give me 25 HP bonus I want it. Or does anyone else know a chip that works? But I'm mainly asking about this GF chip.. thanks

I see your app shows adds for GF Chips ..

satgdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

up to means .000001 to 25hp anything in that range is great right? just that statement alone to me means SNAKE OIL. If they really could gain this why not say we guaranty 25 hp or your money back. The newer the car the harder it is to make changes to programs as they are hard to crack. Most of these motors are running lean to start with too.. caveat emptor
Unread 12-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Bigshankhank
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If it was easy to add 25 horsepower and not turn your engine into a hand grenade, the manufacturer would have done it already. While there may be more power to be had from your engine, no magic chip on its own is going to unlock it, at least not that much.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
TEXAIR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wonder if this would help my situation. I have a 4.6 stroker but I did not change to an adjustable MAP sensor and the engine runs a little lean. Any thoughts?
'05 TJ Unlimited. Black, 4" Superlift. Warn M-8000, Homemade Disconnects, Homemade In-Cab Winch Controller, Homemade S-Pod, DIY Rokmen Front Bumper, Homemade Rear Rock Crawler Bumper, 32" x 11.5" BFG MT's, Lockrite on the front D-30, Onboard Air
TEXAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
TEXAIR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So I did a little research. This "chip enhancer" is just a resistor that connects to the IAT. It fools the ECU into thinking that cold air is entering the engine and adjusts the air/fuel ration to accomodate. After a while, your ECU will figure it out and ignore the IAT reading and lean the engine back out.

$69.00 for a .20 resistor you can get at Radio Shack.

I would say it is a RIPOFF!!!!
'05 TJ Unlimited. Black, 4" Superlift. Warn M-8000, Homemade Disconnects, Homemade In-Cab Winch Controller, Homemade S-Pod, DIY Rokmen Front Bumper, Homemade Rear Rock Crawler Bumper, 32" x 11.5" BFG MT's, Lockrite on the front D-30, Onboard Air
TEXAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
satgdave
2005 KJ Liberty 

Thx for doing research.. but there is a chip and how and where do I get it , for performance.
satgdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Indy

There isnt and you dont.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.