Cheap wal-mart remedy for a prop top? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap wal-mart remedy for a prop top?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #16
adurbin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Roll the windows up and crank the HVAC. Will blow it up like a ballon.

Northeast Tennessee Jeep Club Member #1
adurbin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #17
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adurbin
Roll the windows up and crank the HVAC. Will blow it up like a ballon.
Not so effective without doors or any other fabric surrounding the cab, but the bikini top.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #18
Amadameus
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_with_Tusks
eh, its only $40 for a real one. You're not saving that much. I'd just buy one.
What are you talking? $4 compared to $40... that's pretty good, not to mention shipping (if you live in the boonies and need stuff ordered like me)

Besides, it's the idea that it's somehow logical to buy something for $40 when you are able to make your own for so much less. Do they deserve your money? They're not providing you with anything special, really.
Unread 02-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #19
njsjeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

When I had my old YJ I used two of the expandable clothes racks from the auto dept at Wallyworld to support the soft top. I just set them onto the roll bars and zip tied them into place.
njsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
ganny76
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just did this mod last nice. Worked great. Took all of 10 minutes and cost about $10. I used the pip insulation to cover the pipe so it does no look so ghettoooo.
ganny76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
lyrical
2008 JK Wrangler 

Can you email a photo of what you're talking about? Thinking of buying a Top Prop.
www.lyricallabradors@me.com
lyrical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.