Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cheap seat lift

40K views 71 replies 51 participants last post by  njohnson412 
#1 ·
Good day to all .I just thought I would let you know about my cheap seat lift discovery.

I was looking through my Performance Accessory catalogue and seen you can order the body lift puck as singles:thumbsup:

So if you want 1" of lift order part #MB01 = 1"H x2"W sells for $1.31 cnd each
and if ya want 2" of lift order part #MB02 = 2"H x2"W sells for $3.99 cnd each

Now you just have to find the right size and lenght of bolts

When I get 'em I'll post the size.

Hope this helps
Mike

#52 ·
Bigbob said:
LOL :rolleyes: I am 6'6" and have a high BH-EH ratio so on my '06 LJ my head is banging the roll bar all the time. I moved the seat back 2 inches, but now I need to figure how to lower it at least 1 inch. That fold/tumble/recline seat mechinism will not be easy to lower. I think I'll need to eliminate the fold forward feature and hopefully be able to retain the recline. I have a '07 Dodge Caliber that has a seat that "cranks" up and down. I am thinking about spending an afternoon and seeing if the Caliber seat can be adapted to the Jeep. That crank up and down feature is pretty nice.
How did you move the seat back? Im 6'4 and long distance driving would be greatly improved if I can do that.

#53 ·
hammer06 said:
How did you move the seat back? Im 6'4 and long distance driving would be greatly improved if I can do that.
There are 2 ways of doing it. You can do it yourself, or you can but the Misch Big Boy brackets. The store bought units move back 3". Mine go back 2" I used 1/4" X 2" plate to build mine. PM me if you want more details, but it is pretty simple. I also moved the back seat 2" as well to match the front.

#54 ·
Don't let any Mounties see the desecration of the pucks on any trips up nort

#56 ·
Ya, I used to play til my team fizzled a few years back and I hit 50 anyway at the time. Don't want to compromise in a 40+ league so.. go Wings!

#65 ·
Ditto. 6'6" here. My head hits the rollbar!

#68 ·
One thing to consider is to use Grade-8, or the metric equivalent (I believe they are 10.9) bolts. They will help to prevent shearing of the bolts and the seat dislodging if involved in an accident.
The difference in the cost of the bolts is negligible, but the added safety is invaluable. ;)

#71 ·
Sorry to resurrect a super old thread, but what diameter bolt & thread size are the bolts for the seats? I know the T-50 Torx on the inside rear bracket is larger than the other three corners, but that's it. Diameter? Thread size?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.