cheap LED interior mod - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > cheap LED interior mod

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Reply
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #16
castorriver
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South of St. Louis, Misery
Posts: 756
Hey bluebeast, can you go into more detail on the wiring diagram? May seem easy to you but not to me. lol

__________________
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #17
jksmith93
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bainbridge, GA
Posts: 193
what is the total cost for those of you who've done this? i looked at a local auto zone and the 10" led strips all run about $20, wires wouldn't be a problem, I'm sure I've got enough lying around. so i guess I'm wondering how much for switches and lights?
jksmith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
sjones26573
GO GOATS!
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksmith93 View Post
what is the total cost for those of you who've done this? i looked at a local auto zone and the 10" led strips all run about $20, wires wouldn't be a problem, I'm sure I've got enough lying around. so i guess I'm wondering how much for switches and lights?

16 ft rolls on Amazon for $18 shipped.

Price the bulbs on autolumination.com or superbrightleds.com
Switches a few bucks at radio shack
__________________
President

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
imstillatwork
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oregon Coast, Oregon
Posts: 1,463
It comes in rolls with 'cut' areas every 3 or 4 inches that you can solder wires onto.
Get a 5 meter roll or so for the best price.
Wire it to the stock under dash bulb for factory functionality.

I did 2x 12" strips on the metal edge under the dash, going to do more in the back. Nice to see stuff n the dark.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #20
Beachdweller
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Norris City, Illinois
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post
It comes in rolls with 'cut' areas every 3 or 4 inches that you can solder wires onto.
Get a 5 meter roll or so for the best price.
Wire it to the stock under dash bulb for factory functionality.

I did 2x 12" strips on the metal edge under the dash, going to do more in the back. Nice to see stuff n the dark.
Do you simply add it inline to the dash bulb wiring? Do you remove the dash bulb? Could you post some pics of the wiring please?
__________________
http://gplus.to/EDrone
Beachdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #21
marzcap328
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 284
I'm thinking I want to add the door switches into mine. Wiring the ground in before the switch should do the trick no?
__________________
93 YJ, Black on White
United States Navy

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/17-year-old-dream-1146581/"]Build Thread- 17 Year Old Dream[/URL]
marzcap328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
Bshearer25
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oxford, Ohio
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
16 ft rolls on Amazon for $18 shipped.

Price the bulbs on autolumination.com or superbrightleds.com
Switches a few bucks at radio shack
Superbrightleds.com has the best deal IMO
Bshearer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
sjones26573
GO GOATS!
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachdweller View Post
Do you simply add it inline to the dash bulb wiring? Do you remove the dash bulb? Could you post some pics of the wiring please?
You can remove the bulb and soldier in the wires. You don't want mixing colors so I wouldn't suggest keeping the stock bulb in anyways. However, I wanted my blue lights but also wanted to keep my stock lights. I wired the blue lights independently to their own switch. Now I can still turn on the white lights if I need to see.
__________________
President

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #24
1997YoungJeeper
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 59
LEDs look great!
1997YoungJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
99WJLimited
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Oh I gotta jump in on this
The footwell and tub rail lights are on two rocker switches on the windshield pillar (the green leds)
What did you do to get the blue light on the dash. Is that the stock cluster?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
99 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 45RFE Quadra-Trac II Dana 30 Dana 35 Firestone Destination A/T 245/70R/16
“If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
99WJLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
sjones26573
GO GOATS!
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJLimited View Post
What did you do to get the blue light on the dash. Is that the stock cluster?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Stock cluster. I got the bulbs from Autolumination but I would recommend Superbrightleds or Vleds instead.
__________________
President

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #27
99WJLimited
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Stock cluster. I got the bulbs from Autolumination but I would recommend Superbrightleds or Vleds instead.
So you have the stock green gauges and put in blue bulbs? Are they led? And what bulb base is it?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
99 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 45RFE Quadra-Trac II Dana 30 Dana 35 Firestone Destination A/T 245/70R/16
“If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
99WJLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.