Sorry, I just quickly posted the pics. I didn't take any step by step photos, but here is the parts list and instructions:
2X 2X4-25" Long (for the bottom pieces at each end - Where the wheels attach)
2X 2X2-28" Long (For the bottom pieces at each side - Holds the door from sliding off the edge)
2X 1/2" Plywood - 8" Wide X 16 3/4" long (For ends of the upper rest/shelf)
2X 2X4-20" Long (For upper section/Shelf
4X Heavy Duty Casters (Picked mine up from Home Depot - Total of about $20)
22X 2" (or 2 1/2") Deck Screws
16X 1/2" Wood Screws for caster attachment
2X 24" Bungee Cords (I measured from tip of hook to tip of hook)
Lay the (2) 25" 2X4 on the floor and lay the 28" 2X4's across them (at the ends) and attach using 2" (or 2 1/2") Deck screws (2 at each corner - 8 Used all together). Make sure everything is square! You should end up with a square "Frame" assmbly.
You should now be able to flip this assembly over and attach the casters from the under-side using smaller 1/2" screws (4 per caster - 16 used all together)
Set the "base" on it's wheels and attach the plywood pieces on the inside of the 2X4's which have the wheels attached to them. Use the 2" (or 2 1/2") deck screws for this and put them in the center (1/2 way between the wheels) (I used 3 screws for each piece of plywood here - 6 used all together)
After both pieces of plywood are attached, secure the 20" 2X4's to the inside of the plywood pieces at the top (I used 2 screws at each end of each board - 8 screws used all together). There may be a gap between the 2X4's. I use this gap for the stems of my extra set of mirrors when I have the doors on.
Sand and Paint if you desire.
That's it! You're ready to haul some doors.
Here are some changes I would make:
I would make the plywood pieces a little shorter. They hit the door pull now, and I wish they were a little shorter.
I would make the 25" 2X4's a little longer which will in turn put a little more lean on the doors when they are sitting.
My next set will fold up or something. This one works OK, but I'd like a way to store it when the doors aren't on the "dolly".
All in all, I thought it turned out pretty good. I took a couple measurements of the doors and then started sawing. My only expense was the casters. Your's may differ depending on the parts & pieces you have laying around.
Modify these directions and dimensions all you want and come up with a different design and post it on the forum. This was an easy project to make and I use it every day!