Cheap Dual Intake (Work In Progress) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Dual Intake (Work In Progress)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Leyva_WJawd
1999 WJ 

Cheap Dual Intake (Work In Progress)

Well, after replacing the carcasses of air filters my vehicle came with, when I purchased it a couple of months ago, with some K&N cone filters (shopped around was the only one the proper size that fit) I decided to ditch the custom intake pipe they had put on there. I've never really been a fan of metal for intakes (heats up too much with the temps under the hood). So, I decided to try to keep it cheap and simple. I went over to Home Depot and spent about $20 on supplies. Gonna go back later this week to get a Rubbermaid trashcan for a custom heat shield. I'm also thinking of moving the ambient air temp sensor to a spot under the intake. Don't use it (iPhone tells me weather and temp), so thought I'd use it so I can see my intake temps. Well, here's some pics:

The white thing you can't see is 4" PVC Y-pipe.

Here's what it looked like when I bought this car a few months ago.

Here's what I set up. Rubbermaid heat shield coming soon.

Unread 12-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
Leyva_WJawd
1999 WJ 

K&N intakes were $35 each. Could find a cheaper intake for this set up but I bought those earlier because they were the only one's in the correct size to fit my old metal y-pipe in the spots where they were.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.