Cheap Cool Mods - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #121
supaasianpdjr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcaz7
HiLift Mount $6

What did you use for the hi lift mount?[/QUOTE]

Here the thread that has the similar setup as the above link, this is how I did my setup. It's pretty cheap around $6 for the setup.
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=hiLift

supaasianpdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2005, 11:39 PM   #122
gavin45

Cheap Body Lift

Looking for a 1" Body lift that you can make/do youself for that little extra tire clearance. Not quite sure it will work on the jeep(due to diameter clearances), But a buddy of mine did it on a late 70's Chevy Pick up.

Hockey pucks(3" diameter, 1" thick). Drill out the center, buy longer bolts, I think there are 11 connecting the body to the frame on a TJ. I think pucks run about $1.00 last I saw.

[SIZE=1][CENTER][COLOR=Navy]'99 TJ Sport 4.0L 5 Speed, Soft Top Only(usually down) Full doors(usually off) Currently running nearly stock, with 31" Oversized tires, Poison Spyder 3" Steel Fenders, and a Jeeperman 46" Front bumper, ARB Safari Snorkel, CB, Sirius, CJ turn signals.

Awating installation: Borla header and complete exhaust system. Saving for: 4.5" lift, 35" tires, Jeeperman Rear Bumper/Swing-a-way tire carrier, and rock rails[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
gavin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 09:40 AM   #123
axia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin45
Looking for a 1" Body lift that you can make/do youself for that little extra tire clearance. Not quite sure it will work on the jeep(due to diameter clearances), But a buddy of mine did it on a late 70's Chevy Pick up.

Hockey pucks(3" diameter, 1" thick). Drill out the center, buy longer bolts, I think there are 11 connecting the body to the frame on a TJ. I think pucks run about $1.00 last I saw.
talking about a body lift... it could be possible, but squeaking and creaking will almost assuradly be everpresent if you dont do it with the proper equipment. Also, a hockey puck is 3 inches wide, where a jeeps body lift bushings are around 1.5 - 2 inches, so they dont stick out past the body and frame.
axia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #124
ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesMan
Dremel with cut off wheel. (5 of them) they're $4 for 10 at wallyworld.
I've got a sawzall and Compressor with cut off wheel.
Dremel was handy, and I didn't have to take the lights off.

Here's a picture of the whole bumper.

did you do the back if so how bout a pic
ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:42 PM   #125
Stormtrooper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This might not qualify as a "mod" but today I figured out how to clean the dirt out of the heater vents. They pop right out. You can remove them and clean em in the sink.

I created a page with pictures on how to do it. HERE IT IS
Unread 08-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #126
BluesMan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute
did you do the back if so how bout a pic
Nope just the front.
Unread 08-10-2005, 12:11 AM   #127
enil01
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Shift knob

Bad *** shift knob I made from an old dirt bike piston I had laying around

I'm thinking of using a lawn mower or trimmer piston for the transfer case shifter

[CENTER]_|_
--X-X-(_)-X-X--
<->
<3 EP-3Es[/CENTER]
enil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #128
Slamm36

that sure is bad ***

[COLOR=DarkGreen]1996 Laredo 4x4 I6 177800 Miles - Slightly Modified[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Optima RedTop[/COLOR] | BFG T/A KO's 30x950 | [COLOR="Red"]22" Cherry Bomb[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]KOR Crossmemeber [/COLOR] | V8 UpCountry Springs | [COLOR="Sienna"]Dayton Timberline MT 31x1050[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]K&N Drop-In [/COLOR] | Homemade QD's | [COLOR="Red"]KOR Radiator Support[/COLOR]
Slamm36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #129
rannasjem

My FM antenna was chipping my paint from vibrating at highway speeds so I took off the antenna, cut it down to about 6", painted it black and screwed it back in. You won't get good reception but it looks nice. I solved that problem by getting xm radio.
1946 CJ2A
rannasjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:46 AM   #130
Hock

Made a shifter knob out of a baseball.

Put baseball in a vice and bored out a hole halfway through with a spade bit in a hand drill.

Matched the stock shifter knob capture nut at the hardware store to get a couple more - 3 total and threaded them all onto the bare shifter. Once all were stacked on, cover in duct tape to keep them from changing their relative position to each other.

Put JBweld into hole in baseball and jammed the ball onto the stack of nuts.

After drying I had a very nice looking shifter knob. Best part is that I can rotate it to hold four seam, two seam, curveball, slider, split finger, etc. grips while driving. Great mindless entertainment.

I'd post pictures but - I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW!
Black sailcloth/tinted
Sidebars
[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I thought it would be fun....but not this much![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 12:30 PM   #131
meat12

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here are a few easy ones for the xj.
100_0611.jpg   100_0612.jpg  

Rember: If they dont find you handsome, at least they will find you handy!
meat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #132
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Meat, can you post some info about that Instant Power? Is that a power inverter to run things on AC?
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #133
meat12

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl
Meat, can you post some info about that Instant Power? Is that a power inverter to run things on AC?

It is a Schumacher 750 watt DC to AC power Inverter. I hardwired the positive to the battery with 4gage wire and grounded it to the seatbelt bolt in front of it. I got it at Fleet farm, but an not sure how much it was anymore. I have not really used it for anything yet, just played around a bit. It is a modifed sine wave, so supposidly it is safe for most electronics.

Rember: If they dont find you handsome, at least they will find you handy!
meat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2005, 09:19 PM   #134
DoriftoShoes

I really like that set up with the power inverter.
DoriftoShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #135
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enil01
Bad *** shift knob I made from an old dirt bike piston I had laying around

I'm thinking of using a lawn mower or trimmer piston for the transfer case shifter
Kickass shifter, and im glad to see that im not the only one with mobil oil products bouncing around in teh floor.

now what could we do with that 4x4 chunk???
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.