Cheap Cool Mods - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #1261
gunnersjeep13
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'll will for sure look into that because that fits my budget, and would be a pretty easy project

gunnersjeep13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #1262
Dooley1216
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Paint your rims. I painted all 5 of mine for around 50 bucks

Make some O-SHAT handles out of 550 paracord. Also can wrap your inside door handles with the extra. Around 15 bucks

Move your license plate to the spare tire. This can range from free to about 10 dollars.

Could also paint the piece of metal around your headlight just a few bucks.

Take your carpet out - free

Take all the seats out (besides for the drivers seat of course) - free

Use your imagination
Dooley1216 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #1263
gunnersjeep13
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I think I might just see if I can get some new rims and then when my tires wear down some more get new tires for the new rims and throw the new rims and tires on.

I already don't have carpet. An if I did it would be 23 like the jeep so it would be really gross... Especially with how I drive it

Oh-Shat handles I have thought of making many times, I just don't know where to find Paracord.

The plastics around the head lights are there but one is cracked and painting it would make that more visible.
-But I have an interview for a car shop and the guy I have been talking to there said if they aren't very busy that because I would most likely be in body and paint that he'd let me practice painting my jeep so. I might be able to do that for half price paint which would be awesome.

The license plate I like where it is just because it covers my gas cap and it's not really in the way.

And I'm not sure why I'd ever just take out all the seats, you can't have babes in your jeep with one seat. I mean what's the fun In that.
gunnersjeep13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #1264
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think most of the things he was mentioning are more relevant to TJ's, gunnersjeep13... We don't always take into consideration that people have anything other than real Jeep's with round headlights J/k
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #1265
04Unlimired
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowsox13

why would you buy an unlimited in the first place??? they are sooo ugly.... un Jeepish
I disagree sir my LJ Is bad@$$ lol
04Unlimired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #1266
Mporter22
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Buy some Plasti-dip and spay whatever you want. Cheap and actually doesn't look too bad.
Mporter22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #1267
mattman998
2002 TJ Wrangler 

$5 Off-road flag bracket

I found a nice thick L-bracket at the hardware store and turned it into a flag holder. It had three holes on each side of it. I left two holes on the mounting side, and one of top for the flag. I didn't have the right sized drill bit to make my flag bolt fit, so I used the closest I had and then used a file to widen the hole. I used a sawzall with metal cutting blade to chop off what I didn't need, and then a bench grinder to clean it up. I sprayed it black and mounted it on the carrier by drilling two holes and bolting it through with a lock washer.

Now when I go to a busy off-road area all I need to do is bolt on the flag. Paint looks crappy because I only let it dry for about 10 minutes and it was still tacky when I bolted it on.

mattman998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #1268
booya1967
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman998
I found a nice thick L-bracket at the hardware store and turned it into a flag holder. It had three holes on each side of it. I left two holes on the mounting side, and one of top for the flag. I didn't have the right sized drill bit to make my flag bolt fit, so I used the closest I had and then used a file to widen the hole. I used a sawzall with metal cutting blade to chop off what I didn't need, and then a bench grinder to clean it up. I sprayed it black and mounted it on the carrier by drilling two holes and bolting it through with a lock washer.

Now when I go to a busy off-road area all I need to do is bolt on the flag. Paint looks crappy because I only let it dry for about 10 minutes and it was still tacky when I bolted it on.
Interesting
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #1269
mscottz
2011 JK Wrangler 

For a small flag on a 2 door JK, take some 3/8 aluminum rod and a cap nut, file a notch below the flag, and it will lock into your rear seat headrest hole.
13795235289001.jpg

Colorado Jeep Club member #1969
mscottz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #1270
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mporter22 View Post
Buy some Plasti-dip and spay whatever you want. Cheap and actually doesn't look too bad.
Can we start with the stupid people first? I have a few in mind I think should be spayed...

Plasti-dip is the best invention I've stumbled upon so far! Best way to cheaply mod and hell, change back if I want.
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #1271
MarlboroWrangle

just about anything can be plasti-dipped

ive done some makeshift door handles using exhaust hanger hardware and plasti-dip made those uber comfy to grab
MarlboroWrangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #1272
RARECJ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlboroWrangle View Post
just about anything can be plasti-dipped

ive done some makeshift door handles using exhaust hanger hardware and plasti-dip made those uber comfy to grab
agreed. We have a number of VHF and UHF radios we use for trail runs, etc and another idea is to dip the tips of the rubber ducky antennas into red plasti for a safety measure and it just looks cool.

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #1273
splitterbb21
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bought some Rustoleum Spray Paint for Fabric & Vinyl at Menard's (approx. $6.50 per can). Plan on bringing my rollbar padding back to black with it. It has faded over time.
splitterbb21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #1274
lilmancan
1991 YJ Wrangler 

New to forum! Just bought my first vehicle, a 1991 yj 4cyl 5 speed. And read all 85 pages of this. Ive got my work cut out. Basically a restoration!
But i see tons of quick easy things here to do!
lilmancan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #1275
nismo_2005
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitterbb21 View Post
Bought some Rustoleum Spray Paint for Fabric & Vinyl at Menard's (approx. $6.50 per can). Plan on bringing my rollbar padding back to black with it. It has faded over time.
I used that paint on my seats and if you have a soft top the dye may rub off. It did in a few small spots on my seat from my tool box in the back rubbing against it. Other wise great product
nismo_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.