Cheap Cool Mods - Page 83 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 07-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #1231
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw01 View Post
........ I used the side tank off a single axle dump truck with step built in and all. It fits perfectly between the rear fenders of my 76 cj7....... It was free. .......
On this forum, it's not real unless we get pics!!
Sounds cool and the price is right.......
but that's 360lbs on the rear end you don't want or need.
On the other hand, you don't have to fill it, do you?

RJ

RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #1232
cw01
1975 CJ5 

Thanks for the welcome, I really enjoy this site. I wasn't replying to anyone in particular, just a cool cheap mod for my Crawler. The last date I saw before mine was 7-13-2013. I did get a lot of good ideas from the older posts. It may be the way I have to post. I only have a button that says reply to be able to post from my phone. There is probably a different way I just haven't figured it out yet lol.
cw01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #1233
cw01
1975 CJ5 

Yeah I wont fill it for sure because of the weight. I would b more than happy to post pics but I have to have a certain amount of posts before it will let me I think. Got three jeeps, one thats complete and two that are constant projects lol. I'm sure you'll get tired of pics once they'll let me and I figure out how. They are my babies.
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #1234
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I wont fill it for sure because of the weight. I would b more than happy to post pics but I have to have a certain amount of posts before it will let me I think. Got three jeeps, one thats complete and two that are constant projects lol. I'm sure you'll get tired of pics once they'll let me and I figure out how. They are my babies.
I host my pics on photobucket and then post the IMG code in as regular text

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1235
cw01
1975 CJ5 

Huh?? Lol. Guess I'm not that. Computer proficient. Is there anyway I can just attach pics from my phone?
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #1236
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Huh?? Lol. Guess I'm not that. Computer proficient. Is there anyway I can just attach pics from my phone?
I think you just have to wait until you have enough posts...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #1237
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw01
I am using the iPhone app, and when you hit the quote or reply button, it opens a new page. Look for a "+" sign on the top right hand corner. That's where you'd add the pictures. Assuming that you don't have to wait for an amount of posts or something.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #1238
Bigraab72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I use the same app as well, I used to be able to post pics but now it says the image is too big when the pics are almost done uploading
Bigraab72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #1239
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigraab72 View Post
I use the same app as well, I used to be able to post pics but now it says the image is too big when the pics are almost done uploading
You only have so much space on the server to upload pics...
You'll have to go to the website (not the app) under My Account and delete some of your old attachments or upload from photobucket or some other photo hosting site

Unread 07-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #1240
Bigraab72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks ill try that
Bigraab72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1241
catnip15
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Theres all kinda of cool cheap mods you can do.

-Paracord Grab Handles, Seat Belt Holders, and Door handles. You can make them yourself, YouTube Cobra Weave with paracord, it is easy to do and looks great especially when matching the Jeep.

-Paint your Brezels, or angry eye headlights with VHT Nightshade paint.

-Truck Beadliner Spray Can, spray doors or side mirriors for a tougher look. Also cargo door and front grill can be painted.

-Color match the inside dash of your jeep with rattle can paint to the outside color.

-On/Off switch for dome light when taking off doors.

-Antiseize door hinges for easier pull on and off access

I'm sure there is more but I cant think of them all off the top of my head
catnip15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1242
Zooshoveller
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip15
Theres all kinda of cool cheap mods you can do.

-Paracord Grab Handles, Seat Belt Holders, and Door handles. You can make them yourself, YouTube Cobra Weave with paracord, it is easy to do and looks great especially when matching the Jeep.

-Paint your Brezels, or angry eye headlights with VHT Nightshade paint.

-Truck Beadliner Spray Can, spray doors or side mirriors for a tougher look. Also cargo door and front grill can be painted.

-Color match the inside dash of your jeep with rattle can paint to the outside color.

-On/Off switch for dome light when taking off doors.

-Antiseize door hinges for easier pull on and off access

I'm sure there is more but I cant think of them all off the top of my head
These are great ideas!
Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #1243
Laxplaya3358
2006 TJ Wrangler 

anybody know an easy way to make a side view mirror for when the doors are off, like materials necessary other than a mirror of course?!
Laxplaya3358 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #1244
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxplaya3358 View Post
anybody know an easy way to make a side view mirror for when the doors are off, like materials necessary other than a mirror of course?!
There are a lot of ways to do it, but recently I saw something I liked a lot better than Harley style mirrors in the door hinge... A guy found some blind spot mirrors at Autozone that stick to the inside of the windshield and can be horizontal or vertical, and moderately cheap at like $14.00. I like the idea of being able to keep it totally inside the interior or extend it outside of the windshield frame depending on your needs.

Otherwise, you can take motorcycle mirrors from cruisers and fab them up to go into your door hinge since you'll be doorless.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #1245
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxplaya3358 View Post
Here you go, the post the previous post was referring to
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wh...l#post15723100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.