Cheap Cool Mods - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #811
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Love the monkey paw tied into the pulls. You should put up a YouTube vid on how to make those.

aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #812
lokdown00

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33p View Post
Put a Caribener (spelling) for mountin climbing on the little pull tab for your seats it makes it real ez to pull the seat up

You are a genius never even thought of that thank you!
lokdown00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #813
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I found this guy who does all sorts of stuff with paracord. Thats where i learned how to make the monkey paw.. just go to google and type in strormdranes blog.. It should be the first one.. There is pages and pages of awesome knots and some uses for them
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #814
leeejone
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Probably not the right forum but, ah well...

I discovered (when my trunk storage was filled) that the area between the roll bar and the wheel well is a perfect fit for a gallon of coolant. I just wrapped a bungee cord (about a buck) around the roll bar and handle to hold it more securely. Now it's nice and out of the way, and not taking up space I need for other equipment.

Just an fyi.
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #815
M6TJ

Holy Smokes that's a lot of reading for one night, but awesome tips and tricks... I'll be trying some of these things out tomorrow after work!
M6TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #816
JTfromNC
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Black rims for $12.00 Bucs

[B]There's alot of YouTube videos on this fix so check them out, The product is PlastiCoat spray. It can be bought at Home Depot, Northern Tool, Lowes ect. This isn't paint but a rubbery plastic coating you spray on and it will make the rims look like they have been bedliner sprayed. Now note it's not the best for off roading because with some effort you can peel this stuff right off which is good if you have chrome or alum. rims and your wanting to switch up. No need for sanding just clean the rims really good with break cleaner, let dry and spray. You don't even need to tape off the tire because after it dry's it will peel off the tire with no issue. Here's mine before and after. Been running now for about a week and everyone thinks they are aftermarket rims. [/B

Click Picture to Enlarge:

Unread 10-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #817
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Going to be next summer before I can get a front bumper/winch setup.
So I decided to make my factory bumper look more off road (needed repainting anyway).
Grinder to angle cut the ends, removed the bumper pads and added an inexpensive, bolt on, Rugid Ridge Light Bar to mount the fog lights I bgt 2 months ago. Painted both with Krylon Satin Black.
Total cost about $65.00, not counting Warn Fog lights ($119.00).........
jeep-light-bar-cut-bumper.jpg   front-bumper-mod-10.08.11.jpg  
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #818
Unlimited2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowJ View Post
Going to be next summer before I can get a front bumper/winch setup.
So I decided to make my factory bumper look more off road (needed repainting anyway).
Grinder to angle cut the ends, removed the bumper pads and added an inexpensive, bolt on, Rugid Ridge Light Bar to mount the fog lights I bgt 2 months ago. Painted both with Krylon Satin Black.
Total cost about $65.00, not counting Warn Fog lights ($119.00).........
Nice job!
Unlimited2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #819
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Did not expect many (any) comments, because of all the younger, ANTI-chrome members on the JF.
For everyones information I tried removing the chrome grill inserts (on when I bgt her) but the paint underneath is all chewed up.
I'm interested in success others have had painting over chrome. Does it last?

RJ
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #820
mfalik
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowJ View Post
Thanks! Did not expect many (any) comments, because of all the younger, ANTI-chrome members on the JF.
For everyones information I tried removing the chrome grill inserts (on when I bgt her) but the paint underneath is all chewed up.

RJ
I have paint over chrome on other vehicles. I scuffed the surface (green scotch pad I believe), shot it with a couple coats of primer, then base, then clear. Held up for quite a few years, then I got rid of the vehicle.
2007 Mazda CX-7 (the new commuter car)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer (Rear Ended - TOTALED)
1998 VW Beetle (SOLD)
1988 Jeep Cherokee Limited - (SOLD)
mfalik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #821
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowJ

RJ
I don't see why it would be different than painting any other metal.

Scuff it until it's completely dull with some 220, then a few coats of self-etching primer, base, clear and you should be good to go!

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

| WJ Seat Swap into a TJ WITH FORWARD TILT!!

Winners97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #822
grisgris
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I installed a toggle switch inside the glove box that turns off the dome light, and warning beepers when doors are off. I stuck bayonet terminals in the fuse holder, moved the factory fuse to an external socket then wired through the switch and back to the other side of the fuse holder. I used a switch that came from something else so all I bought was the fuse socket, probably spent around 3$.
imgp1035.jpg   imgp1034.jpg   imgp1028.jpg  
grisgris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #823
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Led interior light bulbs upgrade. Cheap&Cool!

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #824
svjeep
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winners97TJ View Post
I don't see why it would be different than painting any other metal.

Scuff it until it's completely dull with some 220, then a few coats of self-etching primer, base, clear and you should be good to go!
Or Monstaliner the grill if you can find a matching color. Then you don't have to worry as much on chipping from rocks thrown your way.
svjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #825
bmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbrass View Post
If the headlight bezels are already chrome why in the world would I knock off the chrome on a 2004 Unlimited Wrangler and paint it red to match the color of the Jeep. I thought "customizing meant taking off everything that was red and having it chromed or replaced with chromed parts. I'm only 31 so surely I can't be that out of touch.
im a chrome man myself and im only 19 lol..i like the lower rocker chromw and nice chrome wheels..i dont go overboard by any means ha just look at my truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.