Cheap Cool Mods - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #466
frenchlayer
2010 JK Wrangler 

For my shifter knob, I used a mini beer tap pull, the threads were exactly the same, the large ones are too big though.

frenchlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #467
BullandTerrier
2009 JK Wrangler 

I put mini shackles on my pull tabs that fold down the rear seats.
I also used two stainless conduit hangers and some insulation foam and made a maglite mount.
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #468
Comanche_

If you want 12V power outside the jeep for any reason, I found a weather proof outlet with 17ft of wire, for $6 at our local grocery store. Cheap and easy to do. I'm instaling it in the bed of my truck for camping.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #469
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but i just installed a killswitch for when i am away from my jeep cost about 10 bucks
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #470
Martinsc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake92321 View Post
Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but i just installed a killswitch for when i am away from my jeep cost about 10 bucks
I was thinking about making a kill switch. How did you make yours?
Martinsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #471
Mushrabbit
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How?

10 chars
Mushrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #472
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsc View Post
I was thinking about making a kill switch. How did you make yours?
well as you know you cant start a manual tj without the clutch pressed in, there is a simple circuit created when the clutch pressed in so if you look around by the clutch there is a yellow wire and a yellow wire with a red stripe simple splice a switch into those and with that switch off the jeep wont start but with it on it will work normally just hide the switch anywhere you want. my jeep is a 99 with the manual sorry i cant give much info for automatics
Unread 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #473
SimonsTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
well as you know you cant start a manual tj without the clutch pressed in, there is a simple circuit created when the clutch pressed in so if you look around by the clutch there is a yellow wire and a yellow wire with a red stripe simple splice a switch into those and with that switch off the jeep wont start but with it on it will work normally just hide the switch anywhere you want. my jeep is a 99 with the manual sorry i cant give much info for automatics
For autos, you just need to interrupt the Neutral Safety Switch, which makes sure that the jeep is started in neutral or park
Unread 01-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #474
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
For my shifter knob, I used a mini beer tap pull, the threads were exactly the same, the large ones are too big though.

It shouldn't be. All standard beer faucets use a 3/8" thread.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #475
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonsTJ View Post
For autos, you just need to interrupt the Neutral Safety Switch, which makes sure that the jeep is started in neutral or park
or you could interupt the fuel pump. Thats what I did for one of mine. put a switch on the power wire to the fuel pump. Switch off means no fuel, so it is also a nice safety feature for a fuel kill if I should need it. The other one is actually built into my MSD. If you look in the MSD ignition module book it details how to add a kill switch quite easily on the ignition circuit
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #476
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemerc99 View Post
Went on ebay, got a starter disable keypad, sort of like in the movie The Transporter. Mounted it were the passenger air bag disable switch should be, (bought the TJ used, apparently the previous owner didn't want that option), installed a 30 amp bypass switch behind the glove box, just in case the keypad screws up. Works great, plus it's kinda cool punching in a code to start it, just like in the movies. As for waterproofness, it's been rained on a few times, still working great. It cost about $20 or $30 on ebay. plus the cost of the switch, which was less then $10.
Thanks for the info on this idea. I ordered a digital keypad for 17.99 shipped.
Installed it in the starter circuit and now unless you enter the code the jeep will not start. Best $18 I've spent.
Maxxram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #477
Mushrabbit
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxram View Post
Thanks for the info on this idea. I ordered a digital keypad for 17.99 shipped.
Installed it in the starter circuit and now unless you enter the code the jeep will not start. Best $18 I've spent.
Do you or Firemerc99 have a linc to where you purchased? I can't find anything that inexpensive and must not be using the correct search strings in either Ebay or Google.
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #478
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushrabbit View Post
Do you or Firemerc99 have a linc to where you purchased? I can't find anything that inexpensive and must not be using the correct search strings in either Ebay or Google.
Here is the one I used. Asianwolf Smart Digital Keypad Starter Disable Kill
Very easy to install and the key pad is very easy to install. I will try and get a pic of the keypad in a little bit.
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #479
Mushrabbit
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxram View Post
Here is the one I used. Asianwolf Smart Digital Keypad Starter Disable Kill
Very easy to install and the key pad is very easy to install. I will try and get a pic of the keypad in a little bit.
Thanks so much, the link was perfect. Ordering it.
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #480
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

No problem, Glad to help out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.