1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #466 of Old 01-05-2010, 11:12 AM
frenchlayer
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 244
For my shifter knob, I used a mini beer tap pull, the threads were exactly the same, the large ones are too big though.

frenchlayer is offline  
post #467 of Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 PM
BullandTerrier
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 75
I put mini shackles on my pull tabs that fold down the rear seats.
I also used two stainless conduit hangers and some insulation foam and made a maglite mount.

I'm just a girl with her dog and her ||||||
BullandTerrier is offline  
post #468 of Old 01-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Comanche_
Registered User
1964  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The not wet side,Washington
Posts: 1,301
If you want 12V power outside the jeep for any reason, I found a weather proof outlet with 17ft of wire, for $6 at our local grocery store. Cheap and easy to do. I'm instaling it in the bed of my truck for camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0NAJEEP View Post
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline  
post #469 of Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
jake92321
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lima Ohio/VA Beach
Posts: 262
Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but i just installed a killswitch for when i am away from my jeep cost about 10 bucks

1999 Desert Sand TJ Sport build
jake92321 is offline  
post #470 of Old 01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Martinsc
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North NJ
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake92321 View Post
Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but i just installed a killswitch for when i am away from my jeep cost about 10 bucks
I was thinking about making a kill switch. How did you make yours?
Martinsc is offline  
post #471 of Old 01-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Mushrabbit
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Monticello, NY
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake92321 View Post
Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but i just installed a killswitch for when i am away from my jeep cost about 10 bucks
How?

10 chars
Mushrabbit is offline  
post #472 of Old 01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
jake92321
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lima Ohio/VA Beach
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsc View Post
I was thinking about making a kill switch. How did you make yours?
well as you know you cant start a manual tj without the clutch pressed in, there is a simple circuit created when the clutch pressed in so if you look around by the clutch there is a yellow wire and a yellow wire with a red stripe simple splice a switch into those and with that switch off the jeep wont start but with it on it will work normally just hide the switch anywhere you want. my jeep is a 99 with the manual sorry i cant give much info for automatics

1999 Desert Sand TJ Sport build
jake92321 is offline  
post #473 of Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
SimonsTJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake92321 View Post
well as you know you cant start a manual tj without the clutch pressed in, there is a simple circuit created when the clutch pressed in so if you look around by the clutch there is a yellow wire and a yellow wire with a red stripe simple splice a switch into those and with that switch off the jeep wont start but with it on it will work normally just hide the switch anywhere you want. my jeep is a 99 with the manual sorry i cant give much info for automatics
For autos, you just need to interrupt the Neutral Safety Switch, which makes sure that the jeep is started in neutral or park

Indy is my new BFF!
SimonsTJ is offline  
post #474 of Old 01-09-2010, 01:25 PM
92 Green YJ
Registered User
 
92 Green YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Spring Valley, San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
For my shifter knob, I used a mini beer tap pull, the threads were exactly the same, the large ones are too big though.

It shouldn't be. All standard beer faucets use a 3/8" thread.

92 YJ. High Output 4.0L
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline  
post #475 of Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 PM
92 Green YJ
Registered User
 
92 Green YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Spring Valley, San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonsTJ View Post
For autos, you just need to interrupt the Neutral Safety Switch, which makes sure that the jeep is started in neutral or park
or you could interupt the fuel pump. Thats what I did for one of mine. put a switch on the power wire to the fuel pump. Switch off means no fuel, so it is also a nice safety feature for a fuel kill if I should need it. The other one is actually built into my MSD. If you look in the MSD ignition module book it details how to add a kill switch quite easily on the ignition circuit

92 YJ. High Output 4.0L
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline  
post #476 of Old 01-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Maxxram
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Whitehall, PA
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemerc99 View Post
Went on ebay, got a starter disable keypad, sort of like in the movie The Transporter. Mounted it were the passenger air bag disable switch should be, (bought the TJ used, apparently the previous owner didn't want that option), installed a 30 amp bypass switch behind the glove box, just in case the keypad screws up. Works great, plus it's kinda cool punching in a code to start it, just like in the movies. As for waterproofness, it's been rained on a few times, still working great. It cost about $20 or $30 on ebay. plus the cost of the switch, which was less then $10.
Thanks for the info on this idea. I ordered a digital keypad for 17.99 shipped.
Installed it in the starter circuit and now unless you enter the code the jeep will not start. Best $18 I've spent.
Maxxram is offline  
post #477 of Old 01-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Mushrabbit
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Monticello, NY
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxram View Post
Thanks for the info on this idea. I ordered a digital keypad for 17.99 shipped.
Installed it in the starter circuit and now unless you enter the code the jeep will not start. Best $18 I've spent.
Do you or Firemerc99 have a linc to where you purchased? I can't find anything that inexpensive and must not be using the correct search strings in either Ebay or Google.
Mushrabbit is offline  
post #478 of Old 01-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Maxxram
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Whitehall, PA
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushrabbit View Post
Do you or Firemerc99 have a linc to where you purchased? I can't find anything that inexpensive and must not be using the correct search strings in either Ebay or Google.
Here is the one I used. Asianwolf Smart Digital Keypad Starter Disable Kill
Very easy to install and the key pad is very easy to install. I will try and get a pic of the keypad in a little bit.
Maxxram is offline  
post #479 of Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Mushrabbit
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Monticello, NY
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxram View Post
Here is the one I used. Asianwolf Smart Digital Keypad Starter Disable Kill
Very easy to install and the key pad is very easy to install. I will try and get a pic of the keypad in a little bit.
Thanks so much, the link was perfect. Ordering it.
Mushrabbit is offline  
post #480 of Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Maxxram
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Whitehall, PA
Posts: 422
No problem, Glad to help out.
Maxxram is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
cheap 4.0 mods? redneckwithajeep Engines & Drivetrain 17 01-04-2015 02:33 PM
FIRST JEEP! need some cool easy mods that dont brake the bank nickoidl Cheap Tricks & Fixes 47 09-20-2013 11:48 AM
Cheap yj mods love2crwl Cheap Tricks & Fixes 32 01-17-2013 12:33 AM
cheap xj mods?? hoot20 Cheap Tricks & Fixes 0 05-25-2009 02:52 PM
CJ-7 Cheap Mods GoldenEagleGa Cheap Tricks & Fixes 1 02-06-2009 11:53 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome