Cheap Cool Mods - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 10-03-2004, 05:28 PM   #31
blowsox13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbrass
All I am saying is that is seems odd to remove chrome on a 2004 Unlimited and replace it with a painted part. You have to admit it does seem strange.
why would you buy an unlimited in the first place??? they are sooo ugly.... un Jeepish

[B][COLOR=darkolivegreen]GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #117[/COLOR][/B]

Under 18 Jeep club member #11

[URL=http://scarletknights.com/vision/football/leonard.htm]All Aboard!!! Catch a ride on the L[/URL]
blowsox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #32
Synthisis

Im 16 and chrome is ok only to an extent... and jeep wheels being chrome is a definate nono. Some cars it looks good on, but the bezels look really nice matching your jeep, even in a black they look sharp.
3.5" BlackDiamond Lift
1" DayStar BodyLift Kit
33" GoodYear Wrangler MT/Rs
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 07:18 PM   #33
jdlawhon

Wow, painting the bezels really changed the look of your bumper! I'm gonna try that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedRangerFred
It is not painting them to match your jeep, but i dont see why not. I painted mine black and i like the way it trunned out, i dont like chrome.

Before

After

sorta hard to really tell, it was the best pic that was clean that you could sorta see it in.

Jared
Unread 10-11-2004, 07:21 PM   #34
jdlawhon

I installed a 300 Watt Rat Shack inverter over the weekend and integrated the outlets & switch into my dash. Kinda like in this write-up.

The Radio Shack 2-outlet inverter was around $100, but you can find less expensive models. I think Wally World has a single-outlet 400 Watt inverter for about $40.
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:36 PM   #35
DazedRangerFred

That is actually a pretty neat idea, i dont think i will ever do it but i like it.

yeah spray paint can do wonders on bumpers if used correctly, haha
DazedRangerFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 04:20 PM   #36
joyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ
Those mountain climbing things (for lack of a better name) that j33p suggested also work well on the soft top as zipper pulls if you get the little ones. Especially if you have a sailcloth top - I have skinned my knuckles quite a few times on mine.

I've got key rings on mine, I could only imagine the flapping those things would do on the highway.
Unread 10-16-2004, 10:12 PM   #37
matt.x
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlawhon
I installed a 300 Watt Rat Shack inverter over the weekend and integrated the outlets & switch into my dash. Kinda like in this write-up.

The Radio Shack 2-outlet inverter was around $100, but you can find less expensive models. I think Wally World has a single-outlet 400 Watt inverter for about $40.
Man!! That is a tight idea!! Love it! I have a 400w inverter I found on the net for like $40 ... (http://dcacpowerinverters.com/) but it's not installed yet... now I just gotta find space in my JGC for all this stuff...

Matt
Red Jeep Club Member #237
matt.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #38
CanukYJ

That's a pretty cool idea with the inverter. Does anyone know if 300-400 watts will run power tools fine? Like a grinder or power drill? I would assume so since it says it will run a 20" TV. I found a 400watt 2 socket inverter at radio shack here for 60$ Canadian. Now I just have to find room in my YJ dash, it's a bit tighter to the firewall than TJ's.

1992 Red YJ. Lifted, locked, and loaded with beer (Disclaimer: This doesn't mean said driver endorses drinking and driving, please enjoy alcohol responsibly and do not operate any vehicle of any kind, thank you....)

Thanks to the price of gas here ($4.25 a gal) I just bought a mountain bike, 0" of lift, 0" of travel, MT's, locked rear axle, oh yeah, it's the sh#$.
CanukYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 03:00 PM   #39
mud n rox
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractjeep
flip your sun visors so you don't have to read the warnings all the time.
Please explain what it means by "flip your sun visors" ?? How exactly do you do this ??? I hate those little labels, tyey bug the hell out of me.

Caution: Rock and a hard place just ahead.

[/FONT][/I][/B]

Last edited by mud n rox; 10-18-2004 at 04:04 PM..
mud n rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 04:03 PM   #40
CanukYJ

I don't know if that is sarcasm or not but I'll reply. Why not just peel them off. Mine came off super easy, granted they are old, if your newer one's don't peel so nice just use some 'goo gone' on the sticky left over.

1992 Red YJ. Lifted, locked, and loaded with beer (Disclaimer: This doesn't mean said driver endorses drinking and driving, please enjoy alcohol responsibly and do not operate any vehicle of any kind, thank you....)

Thanks to the price of gas here ($4.25 a gal) I just bought a mountain bike, 0" of lift, 0" of travel, MT's, locked rear axle, oh yeah, it's the sh#$.
CanukYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #41
mud n rox
2001 TJ Wrangler 

No, its not sarcasm, I'd really like to know. I tried the hair dryer and a heat gun but nothing worked. I got the labels off of the drivers side but the passenger side has been a PITA !!! I tried Goo B Gone but that took way too much elbow grease. At this point I'm just looking for the easy way out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Caution: Rock and a hard place just ahead.

[/FONT][/I][/B]
mud n rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 06:42 PM   #42
littleman66
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lug nut
No, its not sarcasm, I'd really like to know. I tried the hair dryer and a heat gun but nothing worked. I got the labels off of the drivers side but the passenger side has been a PITA !!! I tried Goo B Gone but that took way too much elbow grease. At this point I'm just looking for the easy way out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

well i havent take mine off but i always used my moms nail polish remover for taking sticky stickers off of things...hasent failed me yet...my dad taught me this
littleman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 11:08 PM   #43
joyrider

why not just take the visors off alltogether? they're not that big a help anyway. Mine are gone. I've replaced them by hooking a sunvisor around the rear-view mirror.
Unread 10-23-2004, 09:54 PM   #44
Big Pappa

I believe that they meant to SWAP the visors(Driver to pass, pass to driver) and re-install ( my guess)

1)Trim each side of the front bumper to desired length and perhaps gut an angle on it.
2)Hook up some offroad lights and get creative on wear you put them. Not just on the bumper...
3)4" angle iron 1/4" thick makes a great rear bumper, and weld a reciever hitch to it. Taper the corners on both sides.
4)And dont forget that, "Stickers add horsepower!"
91 YJ (180,000 miles) 4.0 I6, 2" Rancho Add-A-Leaf lift, 2" Body lift , 1-3/4" Shackle lift, 33x12.50x15 BFG Mud Terrain, Hedman Hedders, Custom front and rear bumper w/ swing-away tire carrier, Custom rocker guards w/ rock rails, [B]FULL ROLL CAGE[/B] Warn XD9000i winch, Hi Lift Jack and other goodies!

It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!

[COLOR=red]A.K.A. BIG SEXY [/COLOR]
Big Pappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2004, 01:33 AM   #45
Yeller'00sport

you could spray paint the visors black, hence, covering up said warnings!! That's what I did 2 years ago. No problems since
Yeller'00sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.