Cheap Cool Mods - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #211
taylor4857
1994 YJ Wrangler 

love the tail lights totally different thanks for the idea

taylor4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:41 AM   #212
Badge54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Don't think he means Flip it over...but flip it around so the other end is towards the front for awhile.

I don't know if that would make a difference but that's how I read it.

Badge54
Unread 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #213
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

oh i see how he means it if you are right badge. not flip as in top to bottom, flip as in front to back .. yeah i guess that would work...
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #214
scooter072
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRev View Post
Anybody seen pictures of a yellow Jeep with black bezels. I'm thinking of painting them up but would love to see a picture of someone elses's first.
Just did mine a week ago along with the fender flares and they came out great. Krylon Fusion Rocks!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/scooter0...94996187101986

http://picasaweb.google.com/scooter0...94992658639298

http://picasaweb.google.com/scooter0...94984681879938

Installed: | Viking Fastback Top | Neoprene Seat Covers | Black Rollbar Handles| Repainted Fender Flares and Rollbar Padding | 2" Superlift BB | Superlift Steering Stabilizer | 1.25" JKS BL | 1" MML | Advance Adapters Transfer Case Bracket | 15x8 Rock Crawler Series 97 Wheels | 33" Kumho Road Venture MT's | Uniden Pro 510XL CB | 4' Firestik Firefly Antenna |

Wish List: | Regear/Super 35 Kit | New Bumpers | Rock Sliders |

www.militaryjeepers.com

www.TBAJA.net
scooter072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 05:11 AM   #215
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

man those flares look great .. do you know if they make that stuff in just a little more of a flat black, b/c that semi gloss looks good on your yellow, but i think it would give too much of a sahara look on my black ... right now i use the black magic interior protectant on my flares, and it gives the exact look i want (not glossy, but a good deep dark black) but the main problem with it is that everytime you wash it, or it rains, you have to reapply it..
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

Unread 08-23-2008, 07:16 AM   #216
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would just get some satin black, it will have the look your after I used it on my flares on my black jeep and it looks great. You can get it in a rattle can if you want or if you have a paint gun spend alittle more money on them.
Unread 08-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #217
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks jaikyj

Unread 08-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #218
cerial0411
1969 CJ5 

a safety net (you can modify a snow net) and some cargo clamps will keep your arms in the jeep when you roll
or use some gloves and cable w quick disconnect mounted to the dash to keep the drivers left and passengers right hand inside the jeep

washable seat covers

use a 3/8 thick chain and bolt it behind the front seats will keep the dog out of the front and give you a place to tie his leash to so he don't fall out the back when you hit a steep hill worked great with my English mastiff in my tj

that space behind the front seats is a great place to put small tool boxes(bolt them to the floor)

remove your sway bar and disconnects and install limiting straps with use a hitch pin for easy removal
just drive slow around turns

Use a old soft coil spring and remove the seat brackets flip the seat over and weld a steel plate to the bottom and weld a 1/8 thick 90(L channel)w holes down both sides
Cut the spring to the height of the old seat was off of the floor weld a plate to the floor with brackets for the spring and weld another set of 90 channel down ths sides of the bottom
weld the spring to the top of the seat then using the brackets to bolt the spring to the floor then use 4 straps about 2 inches smaller then the spring and use bolts run through the 90 channel holes to connect the upper and lower 90 channel(might need to have someone heavy sit on the seat or use those weights that have been collecting dust in your garage)
the straps keep the seat from doing the playground animal thing
you now have a springer seat
cost about $40 per seat
cerial0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #219
JeepRev
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter072 View Post
Did you paint your flares while they were on, or did you remove them first? There have been different opinions on here about which is better.
JeepRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #220
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge54 View Post
Don't think he means Flip it over...but flip it around so the other end is towards the front for awhile.

I don't know if that would make a difference but that's how I read it.

Badge54
Ding ding we have a winner

Of course I didn't mean put the dirty side up... only someone that doesn't know their a** from their elbows would do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #221
scooter072
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_huskey View Post
man those flares look great .. do you know if they make that stuff in just a little more of a flat black, b/c that semi gloss looks good on your yellow, but i think it would give too much of a sahara look on my black ... right now i use the black magic interior protectant on my flares, and it gives the exact look i want (not glossy, but a good deep dark black) but the main problem with it is that everytime you wash it, or it rains, you have to reapply it..
Krylon Fusion also has a flat black, but I went with the Satin Black based on other opinions from this forum. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Installed: | Viking Fastback Top | Neoprene Seat Covers | Black Rollbar Handles| Repainted Fender Flares and Rollbar Padding | 2" Superlift BB | Superlift Steering Stabilizer | 1.25" JKS BL | 1" MML | Advance Adapters Transfer Case Bracket | 15x8 Rock Crawler Series 97 Wheels | 33" Kumho Road Venture MT's | Uniden Pro 510XL CB | 4' Firestik Firefly Antenna |

www.militaryjeepers.com

www.TBAJA.net
Unread 08-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #222
scooter072
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRev View Post
Did you paint your flares while they were on, or did you remove them first? There have been different opinions on here about which is better.
I left mine on and just used the index card/painter's tape trick to mask it off. Worked very well for me and a lot quicker than having to take the flares off IMHO.

www.militaryjeepers.com

www.TBAJA.net
Unread 08-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #223
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i think i may buy a can of each and spray the inside of one flare flat and another flare satin to see which i like better before i do the outsides of them .. and which ever color i decide to use, i will use the other color to finish the inside of the rest of the flares .. or paint the undercarraige or something, i dont know..

Unread 08-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #224
missrebel713
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
Yup, You are showing your age! Many young guys and gals are anti chrome. Often a mod is to paint over chrome and such that old guys like yourself find attractive. As for me I'm 55 and still don't care for alot of chrome. Even with my Harley I have kept the chrome to a minimum compared to other guys my age with Harleys.
I'm 21 and I love the chrome on the front of my Jeep...it makes me and my Jeep stand out from those other "young guys and gals"
missrebel713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #225
missrebel713
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You can remove the third light above your spare. Check you local laws though. I removed mine, and it looks better.
I like that idea because when I have my hardtop on the wiper on the back window catches on the third light (haven't figured out how to fix it yet...anyone else have that problem?), but my husband's in the military and I don't think I'd remember to check local laws every time we moved.
missrebel713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.