Cheap Cool Mods - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Cheap Cool Mods

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 10-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #151
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWILD
Wouldnt a dremel be quicker? And that must take forever
a dremel would just burn through the rubber and gum up. it doesn't take all that long to do it with a razor. they also sell grooving tools that heat up the tip and they'll cut through the tire like butter.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2005, 05:48 AM   #152
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSkunk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
but wont that reduce the stability of the lug? I always thought the huge lugs were for added strength when trying to get traction on a rock or stump or somehting. If you cut them too deep it looks like you could really damage the lugs. BUT, i guess if you stayed in the top 25% of the lug you'd be OK.
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #153
ncb76
1997 TJ Wrangler 

An easy mod to make the HiLift jack handle isolator a little easier to use.
jackhandle1.jpg  

'97 TJ Sport | 2" Spacer Lift | JKS Disconnects | RS 5000's | 32x11.5 ProComp MT's on MT Classic II's
ncb76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2005, 08:15 PM   #154
CJ7 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb76
An easy mod to make the HiLift jack handle isolator a little easier to use.

THAT is a great idea!
update: no rust, new floors, stripped, primed, filled, blocked, and repainted with PPG Concept Garnet Metallic. Hardtop freshly painted, all trim painted in black metallic with a bit of flatener mixed in. New seats, carpet, console, roll bar pad, seat belts,dash, flares, windshield, seals, tire carrier and more!
CJ7 Vette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #155
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mirrors for doors off driving

I was working on the old girl today and got some pics of my mirror mod. I bought a very cheap rectangular mirror it had its own mounting tube with a hole in each end. I put it together and stuck it under one of the window bolts. I leave it there all the time. When I take the doors off I just swing it out and the swing it back in to put the doors on. Another advantage I found from it is when I am running around with the doors on the mirror acts as a blindspot mirror. It does vibrate a bit both when swung out for doors off or swung in but it was so cheap I am not complaining.

Swung in for doors on riding

Swung out for doors off , door is still on but you can see what I mean

Close up of swung out

Tube that came with mirror, had to bend it a bit.

Mounting location

It does work loose once in a while but I just hold the bolt and swing it in to tighten it up, no tools needed. You can't tighten the bolt down super tight because you have to be able to move it, but if you are willing to break out the tools everytime go ahead and crank it down.

P.S> just ignore the white stuff on the dash it is duct tape residue from my homemade wiper switch (orange wires in floor board) got the new switch put in to day. I now know why the dealer charges so much to do it.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.

Last edited by Grape Ape; 12-11-2005 at 08:18 AM..
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #156
Punisher
1994 YJ Wrangler 

where did you score that mirror?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #157
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Snagged it at the local parts store. I have had it a while so I don't remember which one.

Advance Auto Parts has one. Here it is.

You should be able to find it anywhere. It is a generic mirror setup.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2005, 05:56 AM   #158
hoosier724
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Amen brother! you're preaching to the choir!

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2005, 06:23 AM   #159
Achped
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
P.S> just ignore the white stuff on the dash it is fuct tape residue from my homemade wiper switch (orange wires in floor board) got the new switch put in to day. I now know why the dealer charges so much to do it.
It's alright, we like our jeeps too
Achped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2006, 01:32 AM   #160
1000000to1
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33p
Put a Caribener (spelling) for mountin climbing on the little pull tab for your seats it makes it real ez to pull the seat up

How do your friends like that sticking in thier back?
Canadian Jeep Club Member #18
Black Jeep Club Member #2002
1000000to1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #161
Drew_Jeep14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesMan
Dremel with cut off wheel. (5 of them) they're $4 for 10 at wallyworld.
I've got a sawzall and Compressor with cut off wheel.
Dremel was handy, and I didn't have to take the lights off.

Here's a picture of the whole bumper.
How inzactly did you cut that? I have a dremel... is that enough?
Unread 01-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #162
grymsr
Vintage Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

get a jc whitney catalog and buy every thing that will increase your horsepower and gas milage - you'll get 700 mpg and a 437% horsepower increase. WOW!
grymsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #163
tommy b
1956 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymsr
get a jc whitney catalog and buy every thing that will increase your horsepower and gas milage - you'll get 700 mpg and a 437% horsepower increase. WOW!
I had a friend who bought every gas saving device that JCW sold. 10% savings here, 15% there, he saved so much gas that he had to stop every 50 miles and drain the excess out of his tank.

tommy b
tommy b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #164
Roman68
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvs_Lance
The unlimited rides much better with the wheelbase being just a little longer. It also comes with all the stuff most people end up doing to a jeep already done. I work for a jeep dealership in parts and have to admit that at first I thought they looked kinda funny. After riding to lunch a few times in one, I have to say it definately grows on you. IMO they ride more like a XJ than a traditional wrangler. My 2cents

i could not agree with you more.....i bought my wife a red 2004 Unlimited,, and she flippin loves it. the ride is so smooth, i take it grocery shopping on the weekends! it's like taking out the "nice" car on the weekends! anyway, it really does ride more like an XJ....the xtra cargo space is so legit. we actually drove it from Maryland to Kentucky for a cousin's wedding.....the trip was so nice and comfortable, it was hard to believe we were in a jeep!!

OIIIIIO
Roman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2006, 04:50 PM   #165
Muddy Tj Zack

Just thought I would share a couple pictures of ideas that have already been discussed

picture of "lights out switch", for when you take off the doors just flip the switch and no more dome light

Also cut down the front bumper using a sawz-all

Here are a couple new ones for ya....

Got some army ammo boxes for $3 bux a piece....nice place to put tools and tow straps.

And my taillights from autozone...20 bux and an hour with the dremel

'97 Tj Sport, 4.6L Stroker, 5-Speed, 4-in suspension lift, 35" TrXus M/t's, Dana30/Ford 8.8 w/ Aussie Locker, Teraflex ExtremeShort SYE, custom front and rear bumpers, Flowmaster Off-road Series, and a bunch of other goodies........MoPar or No-Car!!!
Muddy Tj Zack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.