ccv hose cracks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > ccv hose cracks

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
drew27racing
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ccv hose cracks

On my yj i cracked the map sensor hose, the pcv valve, and the ccv hose. It was gonna cost like 20 bucks to get new ones, and its my daily driver and couldnt wait for them to be shipped. What i ended up doing was wrapping the crack in electrical tape then using shrink wrap to seal it. I tested it by blowing through the tube. I used a bigger shrink wrap to seal off the pcv valve itself. I bought the shrink wrap from harbor freight for like 3 bucks a few months ago, it has shrink wrap from like 1/4 inch to 1 inch

drew27racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #2

Plumbers Goop at Home Depot. You can form it just wet your finger first. Let it dry overnite.
416469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
drew27racing
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Shrink wrap
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
drew27racing
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I used shrink wrap for a while then used soft copper tubing as a replacement

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.